“Service, cleanliness, features all top notch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown

Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Casa Grande, Arizona
“Service, cleanliness, features all top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

I was put in this hotel on one of Delta's comp overnight vouchers. The shuttle service was decent, but everything else about this hotel was superlative. Despite being grumpy about the trip interruption, I had to write a review card at the hotel--it was that good. Three groups came in on the same shuttle, and they were ready for us. They checked us in so quickly and with such friendliness that my bad mood started melting away. True enough, there are a couple of lovely juice dispensers in the lobby, available for use at any time. Despite traveling solo, my bed was a double room, so I had plenty of pillows, which I like. It was a double sheeted bed, and everything was absolutely spotless. (I still wiped down the phone, remote, toilet, and sink with my own cleaning cloths. Yes, I'm that way. So when I say it was clean, it was clean.) The beds were "heavenly bed" soft. Flat TV screen was bigger than most hotels. Wake-up service worked flawlessly. A nice surprise was the Bath and Bodyworks amenities. Breakfast in the morning offered plenty of hot proteins in the form of scrambled eggs and bacon, etc. It was well run and efficient. If you have the opportunity to stay at this hotel, take it. SLC is only three miles away from the airport, so don't assume you need an airport hotel. This is a great choice. I did not use the pool or spa, but if I need a hotel in SLC again, I will choose the Crystal Inn. One little nitpick: the curtains didn't quite close, so I couldn't completely block out the morning sun.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

If you want to be spoiled and pampered without breaking the bank this is the place for you! The front desk people were charming and fast. There are assorted fresh juices in the lobby to greet you. Our room was huge with double sinks and CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!!!! NIce beds with the best pillows.
The pool area was super clean and the indoor pool was heated so even I could enjoy a swim with the kids. They had a spa, sauna, and workout center. It was wonderful.
Breakfast was hot and inviting and yummy! Oh did I say everywhere you went it was super CLEAN? My family took almost a three week vacation and we all agreed this was our favorite hotel. It is worth every penny. I wish this chain would be all across our country.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2009

We stayed two nights in Crystal Inn and liked a lot. When we arrived they couldn't find our booking and I had to go and get my laptop from the car and fetch the booking confirmation from my e-mail. I didn't mind this as the staff apologized for the inconvenience it caused.

Our room was huge and clean. The TV had tens of channels. There was a micro-wave oven and a refridgerator in the room. Breakfast was better than in some other hotels of the same price level. Location is great near the temple square if somebody's interested to see it. It and a mall are within a walking distance from the hotel. There is a pool inside the hotel which was especially nice for our kids because the weather was cool. Parking is free and there's a free WLAN in all the rooms.

The only thing I can complain about are the thin walls. There were a few kids staying in the room above us. They jumped up and down in their room from 10 to 11 pm. As we couldn't sleep I contacted the front desk and told about them about the problem. The person working in the front desk immediately contacted the guests upstairs and the problem was solved.

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
central CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2009

I stayed alone in a one-bed room on the top floor, and was attending a conference at the convention center. The "hotel "is really just a step above a standard motel. It is four floors and includes a variety of free features including breakfast, parking, local calls, very small pool and fitness center, even free airport shuttle.
The pros are that the hotel was very clean, the rooms were big ( 2 bed room a decent size, one bed room seems to be the same size with a BIG sitting area replacing the missing bed) and the free breakfast was pretty good and included some hot entrees every day. Staff service was good.
Cons were that the place isn't that great for the price, the location is so-so (a run-down area about 4 blocks from the convention center, although this whole part of the city is a bit run-down...), and sound-proofing isn't so good. You could hear every door in your hallway as they seem to slam like a rifle shot. Also, a friend of mine on a lower floor said he heard a lot of footfalls above him, so try to get the top floor if you can. There was also consistent exterior noise including loud drive by window ordering from the neighbouring fast food place. With earplugs it was tolerable for sleeping.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Chardon, Oh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2009

We choose Crystal in Murray, UT for a recent ski trip and we were not disappointed in anyway. The service was friendly and they look to accommodate their clients. The pool and whirlpool were always clean and the right temperature. Videos were free to rent. We stayed eight nights and I felt very much at home. The room was quiet and rarely did we notice any "other" room noise. The breakfast was plentiful and had variety. The light dinners were sufficient and provided at no extra cost. I have never been to a nicer hotel. We typically stay in a condo but wanted to cut costs this year and this was a real deal! I would not hesitate to come back to Crystal in Murray UT.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EstherChardon
austin, texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2008

We stayed here for four nights when we unexpectedly had to be in Salt Lake. Most of the hotels were booked due to a large outdoor festival. The Crystal Inn is near a large mall- probally one of the nicer malls in Salt Lake. It's off the beaten path (no road noise) and has a wonderfull park within walking distance. We stayed in a suite with a king bed and separate living. The room was clean, quiet and well appointed with two flat screened TV's. The staff was friendly. There is a breakfast and dinner buffet with a dinning area in the lobby. It's an above average 3 star hotel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2008

We recently stayed at the Crystal Inn. We have returned here several times over the past 4 years. We like the convenience, the breakfast is excellent, free internet is a wonderful plus and it is very clean. Although not fancy it is perfect for what we need. We found it to be very quiet, we never hear our neighbors. We definitely recommend it. It also has a great selection of microwave foods and other snacks for those traveling alone.

Stayed March 2008