Just returned from a quick weekend trip to visit the folks in SLC. I had tried earlier to book a room at the Peery Hotel where my sister and her husband had booked earlier on. Thought it was quaint and cute and the price at the time was lower than what we ended up paying at the Crystal Inn. Unfortunately, they were all booked out of two queen rooms, so I started searching and found the Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites, fairly close to the Peery Hotel. The pix shown were good but not exceptional, pretty average but the price was very competitive but still more than the Peery Hotel. I figured it was a quick weekend stay so I booked it for my husband and I and our two kids. Upon arrival, parking fills up in the evening pretty fast, typical but we found something fairly close to the door. The hallways needed some tending to from traffic coming in and out, there were some trash and stuff on the floors. It needed some cleaning, but not too bad. The room was clean with a nice fridge, small microwave, flat screen tv with Dish service and double sinks. The shower could use some water pressure, wish hotels would put in normal or more pressure because for someone with long hair, it takes twice as long to get it wet! Wastes more water, don't they know that?!... Beds were nice and clean, mattress pretty comfy. The thing we liked most was that there was a small pool and jacuzzi for their guests where the Peery would have been boring because they didn't offer any of those amenities and even my sister said that they still had the old tube TV in their room and not much else, it was pretty sparse! In addition, they have a complimentary breakfast buffet that was pretty nice for a hotel in this price range. Again, the Peery did not even offer a continental breakfast...and the Crystal Inn also welcomes outsiders for $10 to dine at their buffet! That was the clincher for me and I will definitely stay at the Crystal Inn again. We didn't have any concerns so we didn't need to speak with the staff much but they seemed friendly. The kitchen staff was very kind and accommodating when I asked for a table to be cleaned and more syrup, when they ran out in the buffet. We definitely got a bang for our buck. It's not first class but a decent coach! Try them!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Travelocity so you can book your Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Inn Hotel And Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown
- Crystal Salt Lake City
- Crystal Hotel Salt Lake City
- Crystal Inn Salt Lake City
- Crystal Inn Downtown Salt Lake City
- Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown Utah