Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Denver
“Great Choice!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My daughter's volleyball team recently traveled to Salt Lake City for a tournament and we stayed at the Crystal Inn. The hotel was perfect for our needs and we had a wonderful stay. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, even when 10 girls and their moms descended on them all at once. They had a great little store with essentials and snacks which was open 24 hours. The complimentary breakfast included a hot buffet and was well serviced and delicious. There was a
line both times we went there but it moved quickly and there were plenty of tables.

The location of the hotel was perfect; 5 minutes to the airport, 20 minutes from our tournament and 10 - 15 minutes from Temple Square and other tourist venues to enjoy. The girls enjoyed the indoor pool and sauna.

The rooms were spacious and clean with easy elevator or stair access.
One drawback was noise; I was awoken to early risers showering in other rooms but otherwise got a great night's sleep.

There are computer stations in the lobby where you can print airline boarding passes or just check email, etc., if you wish, and free wi-fi in the rooms.

Be sure to get a parking receipt to place in your car windshield; the parking lot is patrolled and your car may get booted. The staff neglected to provide this upon our arrival. Funny story and all's well that ends well, in our case.

I would definitely recommend this moderately priced, well serviced hotel to families and business travelers and all in between, and stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Crystal Inn is centrally located a couple of blocks from Main Street and a bunch of restaurants. The hotel rooms are clean, reasonably spacious and have reliable hot water -unlike some large chain places. The breakfast is pretty comprehensive, but the breakfasts room can get really crowded. This is a good place to use as a base to see the city and is well priced,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We recently stayed at the Crystal Inn while attending a conference at the Salt Palace. Since we got a very good price we opted to stay here rather than closer to the Salt Palace. The rooms were very comfortable, with good beds, flat screen TV and WiFi. It has a good location (two blocks from the Trax which is a free light rail which goes to Downtown and the Salt Palace) and also an easy walk to the Downtown area if preferred. The included hot breakfast was good, with plenty of other variations and the hot entrees varied daily. By far the best "free" breakfast of all the US hotels I have stayed at. We will return here next year when we go to the convention.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Flyfisherdmc
Mount Joy ,PA
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just wanted to say I would defiantly stay here again ! The staff was friendly & 1 of them remembered my name by the end of the week ! The hospitality was great & thanks to Rachel for a great orientation of where to go in town of Salt Lake ! I was with the Lancaster ski club & we stayed there for 5 days & had the best night sleep ever & didn't want to get out of bed ! Maybe ,because I was out every night til 1 AM dancing & then getting up @ 6:20 AM to get ready to ski ! LOL I want to go back soon I miss Utah all ready !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I have been booked here two times in the last month. The rooms are very clean and adequately sized. The bed and pillows are cozy. There is a nice pool, hot tub and work out area. I appreciate the hot breakfast. It's not very fancy, but better than your typical complementary carb-fest. There is your choice of cereal, scrambled egg product, a meat choice, gravy, hash browns, yogurt, etc. It's a good way to start the day.
I do want to mention that the walls seem a little thin. The place is generally quiet, but I could occasionally hear the neighbors fidgeting about.
Overall though, a reliable choice.

• Stayed January 2013
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel recently as a result of a Priceline search. While it was a decent rate for a hotel in SLC during the skii season it was a pretty rough stay. The rooms are quite large, in fact you could probably put a bowling lane from the front door to the back window. They were moderately clean but the work space was non existent and the service very poor. When I called the front desk at 10:25pm to inquire as to how I might go about getting a remote control for my TV I was told it would be an hour wait until someone else arrived at the front desk. I went down and got it myself and there were in fact two people behind the desk. The second morning one of the guests on the floor above me pulled a fire alarm. The ensuing chaos was quite unbelievable as there were a lot of teen aged kids. I was the only person to end up outside of the building and the hotel staff was little to no help in insuring what had caused the fire alarm to go off. The Salt Lake City FD arrived to let everybody milling about in the lobby and halls that it was ok to return to the rooms. Perhaps this is more stupidity on the part of guests but I did think the hotel staff was remiss on not letting people know that they DID NOT know if there was a fire or not.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there's any rooms that are better than others but personally I would have st...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LITTLE ROCK
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wife and I arrived in SLC and were about to call the Crystal Inn & Suites for a pickup but walked outside first and the van pulled up. We checked in with very friendly folks, got a large two bed room with refrigerator and microwave and got a good night's sleep. Had a great breakfast the next morning and left for a few days near Yellowstone but returned to the same hotel for the end of our stay. Rooms were spacious and quiet, breakfast for good, hot, and included; and we got free trips to and from the airport. What else is there?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family