“Clean rooms, hot breakfast!”

Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I have been booked here two times in the last month. The rooms are very clean and adequately sized. The bed and pillows are cozy. There is a nice pool, hot tub and work out area. I appreciate the hot breakfast. It's not very fancy, but better than your typical complementary carb-fest. There is your choice of cereal, scrambled egg product, a meat choice, gravy, hash browns, yogurt, etc. It's a good way to start the day.
I do want to mention that the walls seem a little thin. The place is generally quiet, but I could occasionally hear the neighbors fidgeting about.
Overall though, a reliable choice.

• Stayed: January 2013
There are newer reviews for Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel recently as a result of a Priceline search. While it was a decent rate for a hotel in SLC during the skii season it was a pretty rough stay. The rooms are quite large, in fact you could probably put a bowling lane from the front door to the back window. They were moderately clean but the work space was non existent and the service very poor. When I called the front desk at 10:25pm to inquire as to how I might go about getting a remote control for my TV I was told it would be an hour wait until someone else arrived at the front desk. I went down and got it myself and there were in fact two people behind the desk. The second morning one of the guests on the floor above me pulled a fire alarm. The ensuing chaos was quite unbelievable as there were a lot of teen aged kids. I was the only person to end up outside of the building and the hotel staff was little to no help in insuring what had caused the fire alarm to go off. The Salt Lake City FD arrived to let everybody milling about in the lobby and halls that it was ok to return to the rooms. Perhaps this is more stupidity on the part of guests but I did think the hotel staff was remiss on not letting people know that they DID NOT know if there was a fire or not.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there's any rooms that are better than others but personally I would have st...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wife and I arrived in SLC and were about to call the Crystal Inn & Suites for a pickup but walked outside first and the van pulled up. We checked in with very friendly folks, got a large two bed room with refrigerator and microwave and got a good night's sleep. Had a great breakfast the next morning and left for a few days near Yellowstone but returned to the same hotel for the end of our stay. Rooms were spacious and quiet, breakfast for good, hot, and included; and we got free trips to and from the airport. What else is there?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here with 3 other couples (4 rooms total) on the Cache Valley Getaway Promotion. My sisters and brother had recommended this package based on their earlier stay and we were not disappointed! The Inn has been recently remodeled and was very cozy and inviting. The promotion includes a lite dinner, large spacious rooms, warm buffet breakfast AND a dinner voucher for "2" good at any of several local participating restaurants. An indoor pool, hot tub and exercise room are available as well . . . All of this for a VERY AFFORDABLE price! We highly recommend this Crystal Inn and their friendly staff and look forward to coming again soon!

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi Suite was very nice! Large Jacuzzi, comfortable sitting area and nice king size bed...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Crystal Inn is part of a chain of hotels. Older properties, good locations, upgraded rooms (bedding and linnens, TV,microwave), good breakfasts (full and hot). They aren't glitzy and the locations, though convenient, not as grand, so you get a good stay at a reasonable price. We were here Feb22,2013,and it was full of skiers. Very friendly place. But not the towers of glass and big windowed lobbies that the newer hotels have. Easy walk to the center. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stay here every time we come to Salt Lake. The service and staff are amazing and go out of there way to accommodate us, they are extremely friendly and always helpful. We wouldn't dream of staying any other place.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 17, 2013

sounded like their was a helicopter on the roof above our room,, went and got the guy at the desk, he came up, agreed with us on the noise, the hotel was full, so he could not change us rooms, he said he would get us a discount or a free room on our next visit,, heard no more about it,, it was a night of noise, to keep us awake

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple