“Great Place to stay”

Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown
Ranked #9 of 77 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I had to go to Utah for a bussiness trip last August. I never been to this part of the country before so I didn't know what to expect or how to choose a decent place to stay. My job usually gives you several choices and then they set up your accomadation. This time they recommend your choice so I choose the Crystal inn due to the closeness to our training area. Well ! I choose really good this time around.
The rooms where super clean and comfortable. These room where more like suites than rooms. There was a enough space to bring two families.
The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful, No question was to big or to small for them. The beds where very comfortable and they also have a wet bar and sitting area for entertaining. Each morning the hotel offered a great breakfest, more than enough for you to get your fill. They also offer internet service and shuttle service. This would be a awesome vacation spot if I ever decide to go there for some time off.

Room Tip: One of the best hotels that I have ever had the chance to stay in.
1  Thank Redjaguar100
Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed August 12, 2011

this was a lovely hotel, clean, well kept and well equipped, The staff were always kind, helpful and thoughtful, nothing was ever too much trouble. It was very economical and we wondered what sort of standard it was - no worries..its a great place to stay. If you want to go into central city they will drop you off at the very efficient tram system, and collect you free of charge...a wonderful idea and service to offer. Many thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: very clean, spacious and well equipped, ask for top floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ablelady
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We have been booking our stay at Crystal Inn in Salt Lake twice a year for serval years now.
It is within walking distance to the convention center and close to several good restaurants. Our rooms are always clean and comfortable. The included breakfast is pretty good. Choice of cereal, juices, eggs, meat, potatoes, pancakes, a good meal. The staff is really polite and friendly. I would highly recommend the Crystal Inn when visiting Salt Lake especially when on business. The also have a free shuttle to and from the airport and a computer for printing your boarding pass.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

My company often stays here because of the free airport shuttle and breakfast.

The Chrystal is ok, but it isn't as nice as other nearby hotels. The food at breakfast is greasy and bland. I no longer bother trying to eat it.

Like the rest of the hotel, the rooms are well...ok. You can often hear the people above you or people walking through the halls. In my experience, there are much better hotels nearby.

3  Thank KTraveler17
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed for three days and breakfast was very good and that is about the best thing I can say

When asking about attractions most of the staff did not know how to get to them

On last day grand daughter dropped a toy and went to get it from under the bed and found a Wendy's salad bowl under the bed and it did not belong to us and that was on our last day so it had to be there for the three days we were there.

Last but not least the shower had not a lot of pressure and there was Mold in the shower and the towels we had used and git new ones the new ones were still damp.

Most likely will not stay again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
crystalstar9, Director of Sales at Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your kind words regarding our breakfast. We do try to provide a great breakfast each morning for our guests. I apologize that our staff was unable to give better answers to your questions. We will continue to work to provide excellent customer service by doing additional area training.

Also we strive to provide our guests with very clean guestrooms, as noted in numerous reviews regarding our hotel. I apologize for your experience because it is not the normal experience we provide our guests. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to provide better customer service.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed here for one night and we had a good stay. Room huge and clean, with two queen beds, one sofa and two armchair. The bathroom was clean but small, with tub and washbasin in the room. Breakfast with only savoury foods, except bread and muffins. Some restaurants and fast food near the hotel, a McDonald's just across the street.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for the review. I appreciate your concise insights on the quality and value of our hotel.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

I can't find any fault with this hotel. Very central location. Room was large, bed was very comfortable, good breakfast and a very good rate.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo