“Thank goodness for Comfort Inn”

Rodeway Inn Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #49 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were coming back from Las Vegas and we're stuck in the airport for 6 hours. We finally got on a flight to SLC but it didn't arrive until 1:30am. Delta put everyone up in this hotel. Other than just wanting a bed after 11 hours in airports, I was very impressed. The staff was so courteous and helpful, the place was clean, a full breakfast in the morning. I couldn't have asked for a better comp to our night. I definitely recommend this place.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TBrat674

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Due to bad weather, our flight back home was delayed, causing us to miss our connecting flight. Delta kindly put us up at the Comfort Inn near the SLC airport. The staff was very courteous and accommodating. Our room was clean and comfortable, and, while we had to wake up early the next morning to catch the first flight out of SLC, we had a decent night's sleep. I loved the complimentary breakfast at the Comfort Inn, too!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Debbie M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We got stuck in SLC overnight and Delta Airlines put us up for the night here. After spending 18 hours in various airports due to weather delays, we just needed a place to sleep till our flight the next day. As we checked in I noticed the wallpaper peeling off walls, old carpet, etc. After we got to our room, the power went out in half the room. I called desk & he said they were working on it. Went to sleep, woke up freezing in middle of the night. The power was out to whole hotel, pitch black, no heat and obviously no backup generator. The blanket on our bed was as thin as a sheet. I tried to keep my son warm and get some sleep. Finally in the morning power was back on, but no hot water. Breakfast was ok but at that point I had the shuttle take us back to airport so we didn't have to spend another minute in that place.

• Stayed: January 2014
Debbie M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Jamey W,

On behalf of the entire Comfort Inn team I would like to apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. I understand how frustrated you must have felt. Unfortunately the power outage affected quite a few businesses in the area. This in turn created another problem with the boiler, which caused us to have no hot water the following morning. Due to these circumstances some of the problems you experienced were beyond our control. All the staff at The Comfort Inn strive to make every guests stay comfortable and enjoyable. I’m disappointed that your stay with us was less than exceptional.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I'm a business traveler from Southern California. I have found the staff at the Comfort Inn extremely accommodating, going "the extra mile" to make my frequent stays in the Salt Lake area enjoyable. The hotel is clean and very comfortable. Thanks Sione, Janis and Camilla for making my time away from home so personal.

The breakfast is great and the "Happy Hour" complimentary hors d'oeuvres and open bar are very welcomed at the end of the day.

The in-house restaurant, The Cedar Creek Grill, is as good a small restaurant as I've found. I have some dietary challenges and the restaurant staff is extremely willing to help me out.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had to fly out of Salt Lake City airport extremely early, so we drove from Idaho to SLC and stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites. To our surprise, there was an evening manager's party with complimentary hors d'oeuvres and an open bar! The associate at the counter was sweet, professional and just a dear guy. Our room's heater and a few light bulbs didn't work when we entered, so we called the desk and he immediately gave us a new room and apologized for the problems. The hotel is clean, bedding was luxurious, and we will definitely stay again if we fly out of Utah. Upon our return, we arrived in SLC at midnight, and again stayed at this hotel. We were delighted with the extensive complimentary breakfast menu. We have stayed in many Comfort Inn and Suites, and this is by far the best....very customer oriented.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2014

As foreign tourists on our trip to Salt Lake City we relied upon the recommendation of a friend, when we chose the Comfort Inn SLC airport and it exceeded our expectations.  We found a very friendly staff and a nice clean, well-appointed room for a reasonable price.  It was nice to return to the hotel after a day of sightseeing in SLC, the lake or Park City to have an excellent dinner in the nice restaurant. The Inn is just lovely.
Oh, also the free breakfast was great.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I'm a single mom moving from Minn. to Cal.. I was driving a 24' moving truck with a trailer. I hit high winds got my trailer stuck and could not find a pet friendly hotel.I was so tired and at the end of my rope when we pulled up to the Comfort Inn I walked in half in tears and the front desk clerk was so friendly and empathetic( Sione) He smile and said "Yes we accept pets" yeah I found a room for the night with a great room and wonderful breakfast. Thank you for accepting pets and being so kind to me.:)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family