“A clean room, a good breakfast”

Rodeway Inn Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #50 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I needed a place to hang my hat in Salt Lake City for a night, and this place got the nod. I reviewed the various reviews, and this looked like the best value for the price.

My 4th floor room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The alarm clock worked without a problem. Check in was a few minutes, since there was a group that was brought in by the airport shuttle.

Check out was simple. The breakfast was great, and included make it yourself fresh waffles, fruit, several types of fruit juices (Orange, Cranberry), ham, potatoes, scrambled eggs, and a spanish omlette.

I needed to find a place to sleep, and I found it.

Is it perfect? No, but what hotel is these days? There was a candy wrapper smeared with chocolate in the stairwell, and some facility repairs were obviously not done by a professional. However, everything worked.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th Floor. They have key card access.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AvWriter
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Salt Lake City Airport

Reviewed August 12, 2013

For travel near the SLC Airport this hotel cannot be beat for price and features (I researched all of them). I didn't use an on site restaurant for dinner -- I felt more like a nearby Subway tuna sub. The menu looked inviting though. The free breakfast had wonderful coffee and three kinds of scrambled eggs -- I had eggs florentine. Waffle machine too. Shuttle to airport was a little late and I ended up waiting 6 hours for a Delta flight. :( Room had TV with HBO and a DVD with choice of video and free popcorn at the front desk. I didn't use the outside pool. I left my car and stayed again when I got back from my trip. Parking was free. A/C unit was a bit noisy. A very good price for pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This property is among the best we've stayed at for the Choice Brand. It is very convenient to the Salt Lake airport and of course offers a shuttle service (which we did not use). We stayed on the 4th floor Business Center which requires "key access" on the elevator. The room itself was a standard room in size and amenities, i.e., wifi, refrig, microwave. Bed was very comfortable, or we were just exceptionally tired! Room faced pool area but was very quiet. The in-hotel grill was open 1 hour later than the surrounding restaurants which was nice since we had a late arrival. This area also functions for the full breakfast service which also has patio seating. Evening grill menu was adequate, portions were good size and reasonably priced. Breakfast had 4 "hot" choices (a meat, potatoes, and 2 egg dishes) along with waffles, yogurt, juices, etc. The only downside items were the walking distance to the lobby/dining area was like a maze and at check-out the there was only 1 clerk who was on the phone for over 5 minutes while the check-out line grew to 4 parties. I ended up just leaving my key cards.

Room Tip: The Business Center (4th floor) room was a standard room but required a key-card access on the eleva...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KJA64
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The price was the best part of our stay at this hotel. Everything is old but pretty clean. The restaurant is OK but not great. The rooms are small and pretty outdated, but again, clean. The location near the interstate makes it a bit noisy but that's to be expected.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The motel was very clean and the pool was nice. The breakfast was your average continental. The downs The room smelled of smoke. The air conditioner did not cool the room and a dog barking woke me in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We recently stayed here for a night on our way to Yellowstone. This is a great hotel for its start rating. We actually stayed in the 4th floor (they call it business class). The room seemed a little congested because we used the sofabed for our kids but the decor of the room was great. the bed was very comfy! Overall, very neat and clean, and well-maintained hotel! The washer and drier in the hotel was also good. We recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We make Comfort Inn & Suites our designated hotel chain while traveling. It provides all the necessities while traveling. The locations are easy to access. The breakfasts offer a variety for any appetite - hot and cold. And not to mention the cleaniness of the food areas. The manager's cocktail hour was an added treat for our stay after traveking for about 8 hours.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple