“Very friendly hotel”

Rodeway Inn Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #49 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed August 19, 2011

There for seven nights. Comfortable a base for a business trip. Although, near the airport it is not noisey and a short taxi ride into town. Friendly staff, will go back again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris_Chich

Reviewed August 12, 2011

I have read many of the reviews here and my wife and I are avid admirers of this hotel. Over the last 3 years, we have stayed at many hotels, being Over The Road Drivers. Let me start by saying this hotel has an excellent Chef and anyone who complains are out of theirs minds. The Salmon is to "Kill For". I also must admit that the change in management (GM) has been upsetting. Now you can't depend on that same warm greeting, they no longer will come that extra mile or two to the truck terminal to pick us up and the GM won't crack a smile if you had a gun to his head. The young lady who was the GM was excellent and all she had to do was meet you one time and would greet you by name every single time to follow. Rather than flip for a new Ice Machine on the 2nd Floor, you have to jump around and find a working unit on the other floors, which often don't work either. My policy is, 'if it works, don't fix it' and the new owners of late have really screwed this extra fine place up entirely. Not near what it was a year ago. I have heard thru the Grapevine that the previous GM is at Wyndham Hotels and we are signing up. Until they go back to the friendly, home-away-from-home climate, we are frankly out of this place. Another thing, the housekeeping staff is chiefly composed of people who cannot speak English now, so good luck on the communication for even the simple things. I am very sadden to see the distruction of a premier hotel. Also the rates have gone up about 15%. Sorry to say, we can no longer advise or fellow Drivers and friends to stay here. Since England employees some 3000+ Drivers, I think they are sadly mistaken to not drive an extra mile to pick us up.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank england98655
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Nice hotel, good value for money. Lots of amenities and excellent customer service. Good airport lodging for cheaper. Nice free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Comfort inn has quite a few pluses going for it.The airport shuttle,the large room,the happy hour,the pool.
The carpets are bit jaded,the elevator is quite a distance from the lobby,it can be a long walk.The Hotel is a value for money place.Limited breakfast,but all in all decent.
Was satisfied with my stay.

Room Tip: Get a pool facing room
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2011

As Comfort Inn is a mainstay, we decided to spend an evening. Comfort is barely on hand. A hotel clearly aged, smelling of industrial cleaner and cigarettes. The free breakfast was a comedy routine. From empty cereal hoppers to stale bread, eggs swimming in water to them kicking us out at 9 am, it was a sad way to start the day. Except the shower...that was decent. $111 not well spent.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 16, 2011

The room is very comfortable, and all the staff is so friendly. Lovely cocktail hour, with a very charming bartender. Convenient facilities and parking. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for the type of bed you want
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I must preface my review by stating that I did not pay for my room -- I was sent here by Delta after a flight cancellation during my layover.

This hotel was clean, but the decor is a little dated. Free wireless is a plus for anyone traveling on business (I was). This hotel provides small, budget rooms but I didn't worry about bugs or anything because everything appeared very clean and hygienic. I had lunch and dinner in the hotel restaurant and I must say I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. It was fresh and the burger I had rivaled Red Robin or Chiles. The chicken fried steak was also excellent.

The only negative was the shuttle back to the airport. There was a large group of us all with the same replacement flight, each of us made up of smaller parties. My colleague and I did not want to risk missing the next flight because we were already missing part of the conference we were traveling to so we wanted to arrive at the airport 2 hours before takeoff. Another couple of people seemed to think arriving an hour and fifteen minutes before takeoff was sufficient. Well, my colleague and I scheduled a return shuttle accordingly and the other group scheduled theirs 45 minutes later. We arrived in the lobby 5 minutes before our designated shuttle appointment and were told that the shuttle had just left and it would be another 20 minutes before it came back. Okay, annoying.... but still we would be there early. When it got back, they made us wait an extra 20 minutes in the car to wait for the people who had scheduled their return shuttle for the last minute. My colleague and I were sweating bullets that we were going to miss our replacement flight and have to wait another day (missing 2 days of a 4 day conference). In the end, we speed-walked to the gate with about 10 minutes to spare... but it was a little close for my comfort.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business