“Good deal for the money.”
Review of Airport Inn Hotel

Airport Inn Hotel
Ranked #55 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Mountain Home
“Good deal for the money.”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had a family birthday meeting with our daughter and her family. We had a good time at the pool and hot tub, went out for dinner and returned to spend time in the room before we had to go on a trip the next day. Close to the airport for our flight the next morning.

Room Tip: get one away from the party room, noisy. Hot tub felt good but the pool could have been warmer. Cl...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights and upon arrival, upgraded to a Deluxe/King suite. It had a functional fridge and microwave, which saved us money (brought food and didn't have to go out to eat). The front room w/ fridge/mic had an old couch and flat screen TV, nice for eating. Back room had a bed, regular tube TV, and the shower/tub w/ carpeted steps. Kinda weird and gross when you think about it (your wet bath mat will be sitting on carpet) so I'd recommend bringing flip flops. Tub was nice for a bath. Bed was reasonably comfortable. Breakfast at the restaurant was good - eggs, meat, potatoes, and coffee. Filling and free (left a couple bucks for tip each time), good service.
Limited outlets in the room - ended up unplugging the lamps in order to charge our phones, and one of the main outlets was taken up by the A/C/heat unit - there was still a lamp right by the bed but no plug nearby.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I really enjoyed staying here as it met my needs for traveling by myself on business. Its way down at the end of North Temple almost adjacent to the airport. I didn't find plane noise a problem given the proximity to the airport.

This is a pretty old place with a sort of vintage feel to it. Pool and hotel tub inside and next to the main lobby. The staff was helpful an the free shuttle was great. I was able to return my rental car to the airport the night before my flight and the hotel staff came to pick me up in the shuttle. Unloading the rental the night before saved me some time before my early flight in the morning. Tip the drivers at least a few dollars!!

Although I did not stay in a standard room so I really can't compare accurately I think you should stay in a King Suite if you don't mind spending a few more dollars. It had a very nice size refrigerator, microwave, spacious seating area with a couch and flat screen wall mounted tv. The bathtub was a little unique as there were carpeted steps up to it. Very large counter and a sequestered toilet area. The closet could use a few more hangers. The bedroom area is huge and has a larger screen tub tv. The bed was fantastic. Very comfortable.

Take advantage of the free hot made to order breakfast they offer at the restaurant. I found the breakfast filling and delicious.

Again, staff was kind, shuttle convenient, rooms spacious, bed VERY comfortable and breakfast quite good and filling.

Room Tip: Get the King Suite and take advantage of the free breakfast and shuttle. Please tip these people!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank eshoreak
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed here during the Outdoor Retail Show and wanted to give some real comments. First, the hotel is clean and the housekeepers do a wonderful job cleaning the room. The free wifi works well and the beds are very comfortable. If you are over 5'8, the shower head will be too low for you. If you like hot water, get up very early- it seems that their hot water is limited.

The front desk staff, are an eclectic bunch, but for the most part, are very nice. Their provide an on demand airport shuttle, and this hotel is the closed to SLC airport.

The best thing about this hotel though is Sonny's Restaurant. The hotel gives you free breakfast, which includes items like bacon and eggs.

This is a family run Chinese restaurant. I thought they named the place Sonny's since everyone there had such a sunny disposition. We then asked how they got the name. It turns out this is their mom's name. What a great family of people. From the time they open at 6AM, until they close at 9:30pm, this family is always there, greeting you with a smile, and frankly, their menu, while somewhat limited is really good!

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing downtown- they seem larger and quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sockster
Palm Springs
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

THINK TWICE BEFORE BOOKING YOUR ROOM AT THIS HOTEL
The Desk staff is very unprofessional and RUDE. The rooms are very noisy. The Water has a unpleasant smell. Bed mattress needs to be replaced. The linens are nice.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Marshall W

Travelers are raving about these Salt Lake City hotels

Todos Santos, Mexico
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We (husband, 5 year old) needed something inexpensive, close to the airport, and safe for a night lay over in Salt Lake. We called the shuttle from the airport and they were prompt and courteous. The hotel night staff was very helpful and check in was fast and easy. You do need cash or credit card as they put $100 usd deposit down when you arrive which is returned when you leave. WIFI was excellent and fast.

The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, there were plenty of towels. The place did look a bit beat up but I was looking for something inexpensive and it didn't bother us. Breakfast the following morning had either yogurt, toast and fruit OR eggs made to order, choice of bread, and choice of bacon or sausage. Nothing fancy but filling and great service.

Only "negative" slightly is that when they say the shuttle will only leave on the half hour they mean it. We were 10 minutes late for the shuttle and, while the shuttle had gone nowhere, they wouldn't take you to the airport and we had to have them call a taxi. The morning staff was not at all friendly and helpful as the night staff.

I would stay here again if I had a night lay over, although I may not if I was a single woman traveling alone. The place felt safe enough with my husband there but thinking back on it, I would probably stay some place else if I was alone. The place just had a slightly seedy, old feeling to it which didn't bother me being with my family but probably would if I was on my own.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed on 2 separate occasions recently, for one overnight each as we were going to/from the airport. The hotel is just a few miles from the airport and the shuttle ride was quick both times. Upon checking, they asked us if we wanted to put our names on the list for a specific shuttle time to reserve spots, which was great as we didn't have to worry about it filling up or leaving early; the shuttles run every half hour.

The hotel looks a little dated, but the room was a little more upgraded. Great price, and for what we needed - something no frills but clean and comfortable just for the night - this was perfect. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room rate includes a breakfast the next morning in the restaurant off the lobby. We stayed the first time unexpectedly when our flight was cancelled, and I had already booked a SLC airport hotel for a night on our return trip.

Our stay here was so good that I cancelled our reservation at the other hotel and made one at the Airport Inn instead. The only thing I would note is that there is train and jet noise from the airport and nearby train rail. This wasn't a problem for us, but if you are a light sleeper, may be good to know ahead of time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple