“Go for the pie, stay for the food!”
Review of Left Fork Grill

Left Fork Grill
Ranked #146 of 1,390 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Emery, UT
“Go for the pie, stay for the food!”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I eat here whenever I visit SLC. They advertise "Where Cafe Meets Gourmet." I could not describe it any better. Jeff is the owner and you will see him talking with customers, helping get the food out etc. Oh, and serving pie! People line up for his pies around the holidays. Check out the daily special when you come in the door; I will usually know what I am ordering before I get to the table. They do a nice brunch and prime rib dinner, and also serve beer and wine. I would describe it as a local's cafe. It is a short walking distance from the 3900 South Trax station. I am fond of his hollandaise sauce on eggs and his Reubens. My wife likes the Tuna melt. It is off the beaten path, but well worth the visit.

• Visited January 2012

salt lake city
“Diamond in the rough.”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

The chef goes out of his way to prepare and present the food a few notches up from your ordinary greasy spoon. It's really wonderful. Lately though the sevice has gone south. The waitresses actively ignore you when trying to get their attention. It's really annoying. New help is needed for this diamond in the rough. They have the best coffee and grind their own beans. I like my coffee refilled a lot when I go out for breakfast. Someone should be going around just tending to that, then it would be perfect.

Balt MD
“Honest good food”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Priced right, creative delicious pies, this place was listed inthe Salt Lake Magazine, tried it out and went back again while we were there. We had the breakfast specials and pie to take with us both days. Very good stuff

Visited November 2011
Livermore,CA
“Comfort food where you would least expect it”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

During a recent visit to Sale Lake, met a long-time friend for dinner at the Left Fork Grill. "Comfort food" is one of those terms that gets bandied about a lot anymore - but this place delivers the real deal. I had meatloaf and my friend had liver and onions. Portions were a good size - not huge, but satisfying. The meatloaf tasted a lot like what I make and my fried said her liver was perfectly cooked (not a liver lover myself - but hubby is and I know it's easy to cook it poorly). Both meals came with a heap of tasty mashed potatoes (could have used a little more gravy), and corn that tasted like it had been cut off the cob - very crisp and sweet. We ate most of our food and had room for a slice of pie baked on the premise. The waitress was friendly, service was prompt - but we never felt rushed. It was clear that some customers were repeaters - known by name to the wait staff. My only quibble - if you're going to offer up comfort food - ya gotta have macaroni and cheese.

The building that houses the restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside - or inside, for that matter - and it's not the neighborhood you'd expect to find a good restaurant in. But if I still lived in Salt Lake, it's a place I'd return to. They have a large breakfast menu and I'd like to check them out for breakfast sometime.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank trippingtd
New Jersey
“Pancakes and pie - oh my”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Great place. My one experience was breakfast on Sunday morning ad I sat at the counter. I was waited on quickly after I sat down and ordered the Blackberry pancake special (pancakes, 2 eggs, and bacon). Everything was cooked perfectly and the blackberry pancakes were outstanding. They were more the flapjack style than the cake style. I prefer flapjack and they were perfect.

I took a piece of blueberry pie for desert later. It was great. Nice flakey crust with a great thick blueberry filing. Yumm!

• Visited September 2011