“No so great Greek food...”
Review of Greek Souvlaki

Greek Souvlaki
Ranked #184 of 1,421 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The gyros are not that great. The meat was like cardboard the last time I ate there. The atmosphere is cold and the people who work there know nothing about Greek food. Trust me, if a worker in a Greek restaurant asks if you want 'white' or 'red' sauce on your gyro; they don't much about Greek food. Much better gyros and other Greek items can be found at Dasks or The Greek City Grill. These folks are Greeks!

Social Media M M, Public Relations Manager at Greek Souvlaki, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2016

Ioannisutah,

We thank you for posting a review. Good or Bad we appreciate you voicing your opinion. We are disheartened to hear that you had a bad experience.

We recently opened a Street Greek restaurant, Please come visit us at Padeli's, located in downtown, SLC.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We hit this place fairly regularly when we come through Salt Lake City, and I've learned to appreciate the mapping ap on my smart phone when trying to find it. Lots of one-way streets in the neighborhood.

The gyros are good, the dolmades are good, the lemon chicken soup is good. I can't seem to get past those things on the menu, because I walk in with good intentions of trying something else and just keep going back to my favorites.

For some reason, today the tzatziki sauce didn't quite have the bite that it usually does, which is unfortunate. I hope they didn't change the recipe for good. That's the reason I dinged them on the overall rating, otherwise I would have given them a five.

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your continued support and sorry for the delayed review response. We opened another location in Lehi, Utah if your from that area. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We ate at the Greek Souviaki going and coming back from a trip to the Montana State Folk Festival. Both times we enjoyed the taste of the food and appreciated not having to get typical fast airport food. It is sandwiched between a mexican resturant and mcdonalds. Service was quick and the prices were reasonable.

Thanks for the review! Hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Utah does Greek food really well, and one of the best examples of this is the Greek Souvlaki. I consider their Gyro to be one of the best in the state and they also have a great variety of other dishes. I highly recommend their food and the restaurant is a classic "dive" in decor but only adds to the experience.

1  Thank Kimball H

Thank you for your fantastic review. We recently opened another Greek Restaurant called Padeli's located in Downtown, SLC. Come visit us when you get hungry.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

The best place to get greek around. fast service even though place is always packed

Thanks for your review, support and continued business. We recently opened a new Greek restaurant in downtown, Salt Lake City called, Padeli's. Come visit us when you get hungry!