“Better for lunch”

Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I often have business lunches here. Tonight was the first time that we went for dinner. The lunch servers are much more attentive and are, I think, more familiar with Brazilian food. The dinner meat selection is better than lunch. At night, there was bacon-wrapped turkey and Barbecue pork. The salad bar is skimpy compared to similar restaurants in town. The yucca and polenta were pretty laden with cooking oil. The rice balls were average. The broccoli and green beans are outstanding, For the money ($20 per person, plus drinks), the two other major Brazilian restaurants in town are better deals at dinner.

1  Thank K W

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I've been to many Brazilian steak houses and they are all essentially the same. An assortment of grilled meats like garlic steak, beef tenderloin and bacon wrapped turkey along with a salad/side dish bar that includes Brazilian selections as well as traditional. Braza Grill may lack in side dish/salad selection, but they make up for that with excellent customer service and personal attention. I don't know about other people, but when I go to a place like this I go for the meat anyway. When I needed to find a place for a funeral party on short notice they accommodated us even when they were busy during lunch rush. Busy or not they have always given me great service. I highly recommend Braza Grill for dinner or lunch especially if you are a carnivore like me.

1  Thank Yellowstone75
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I heard of the Braza Grill, located along the east side of State Street (just in front of Shopko) some time ago was concerned about what I would find. Well let me illustrate through my experience so anyone else who is hanging back because of the unknown may dismiss any reservations.

First off, it is a buffet. Just like the other popular business that is in trolley square. A nice spread featuring exotic salads and fruits, mixed in with the typical american green stuff, there is plenty to choose from. Complimentary to the cold side of the salad bar comes an assortment of warm dishes. These too offer a variety of exotic and familiar foods to tempt you either way. Finally there is the meat. I will talk more of this in detail in just a moment.

When I went for lunch on a Monday afternoon, I was greeted by a very pleasant and accomodating gentleman. He allowed us to take a look at the fare before we committed to eating. The pricing is simple. Salad bar only $11,95. Add the meat for $2.00 more. Quite a bit more from the average fast food joint, but this is no fast food joint. This is something worth savoring and the price is well worth it. Since it was after lunch time we pretty much had our pick of seating. We selected a booth in the back and was instructed on how the meat system works.

Just like the downtown equivalent, speedy waiters bring around spits with various types of meat on them. If you place your card green side up - It means "Keep it coming!" when you need a break or want to slow down place it red side up. That's it. Simple and straight forward.

My wife and began with visiting the salad bar. We each got a little of this and that and returned to our table. A waitress greeted us and took our drink requests and we sat down to begin. Talk about delicious! I hadn't even had any of the meat yet and I was in heaven. I loved the cheese bread and the broccoli salad, the roasted peppers were pretty good too. My wife loved the Grilled vegetables and the fried cornbread. Then the meat began. Beef Tenderloin, Honey glazed ham, spicy Chicken, Garlic chicken, Pepper Steak, Garlic Steak, Pork Tenderloin, and Grilled sausage. I tried them all. My personal favorites were the Pepper steak and the Spicy chicken. I didnt care too much for the garlic steak. Just didn't like the flavor.

All of the meat was tender and juicy without being overly salty (which I have experienced at other similar eateries) I was concerned that it being after the lunch crowd that the meat selection would be somewhat diminished, but I was not disappointed.

My wife returned to the salad bar for seconds and I continued to enjoy the journey into carnivore heaven. What can I say - I like meat. I am also a bit partial to grilled meats.

In the end, with tip and taxes our total came to $36
We drank only water, but the various fruit drinks looked appealing, just didnt think it worth the $5 a pop and was happy with water.

Will I go there again? For Sure!

Please go if you haven't and see what I mean!

As for the atmosphere and location:
Located right on state street it is distracting. Also the place is a bit small. The decor is appealing and it was very clean.

1  Thank Scott W
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The food choices here was awesome, if a bit on the high priced side, but if you leave here without being full, you have a problem! The salad bar had a wide variety of choices and the meat variety that comes to your table was pretty amazing. I've heard there are some other Brazilian cuisine type restaurants in town as well that have more variety, but honestly, how many different types of meat can you shove down your gullet in a single sitting lol? All in all a very good dining experience.

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

A have been to 3 Brazilian in Salt lake and thus one wasn't bad, but it was definitely lacking compared to the others. The servers were fast and friendly and most of the meats were good, but there wasn't as much of a selection as I have had at the other 2 places. The salad bar was tiny in comparison and didn't look as fresh as the others.
I was impressed that the owner came out and greeted all of the patrons asking for feedback to make the restaurant better.
All in all, it was ok for a night out, but I think I will skip this option in the future.