“Ten years later and it was just as good.”
Review of Haxton Manor

and 1 more site!
Haxton Manor
Ranked #6 of 11 Salt Lake City B&B and Inns
Layton, Utah
“Ten years later and it was just as good.”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

For our 10th anniversary my wife and I revisited the Haxton Manor and stayed in the same room that we did 10 years earlier on our wedding night. We found that is was still as cozy and inviting as we remembered it. We stayed in the Bristol room which is on the third floor.
I love the ceiling angles and little nooks in this room. It has a great oversized chair and lamp for reading or have a little chat.
There is a small tv in the room with cable and free VHS movies downstairs that you can borrow.
The jetted tub was nice, a bit small though, and the hot water turned luke-warm before the tub was full.
The room faces South Temple street so there was some street noise.

The location is very close to downtown with plenty of restaurants and shopping, but still in a nice residential neighboorhood. The "manor" is in great shape with beautiful antique furniture through out. There is a nice sitting area on the main floor with plenty of books that are available to read. Most, if not all, the rooms have sitting areas too and some have fireplaces.

Breakfast is served in the dinning room or can be taken in your room. It is not a buffet style but very good saugage and egg casserole with a cinnamon roll and fresh fruit cup.

Hopefully it doesn't take me another ten years before I return.

Room Tip: I'd recommend the Sussex room. Large room on the 3rd floor in the back of the house so not faci...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PeakHealth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Colorado
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Beautiful location, beautiful room, very comfortable bed, great tub, delicious breakfast, lovely hostess! I really enjoyed my stay here. I just wish they did more deals for single business travelers or I would stay more often as I'm in SLC often. Still loved it though. I plan to bring my husband next time I have him with me on one of my trips.

Room Tip: This is on a slightly busy street so if you sleep light don't open your windows at night.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RockinBB
Boise, ID
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We recently stayed at the Haxton Manor Bed Breakfast on our way through Utah. The home is lovely, perfectly restored and in a lovely area of SLC. Buffi is the most delightful host and we hardly wanted to leave after a delicious breakfast and an engaging conversation. My husband loved the jetted tub and the bed was very comfortable. I'm sure we will be back again!

Room Tip: Our room only had a tub and was on the third floor. This may be a consideration for some travelers.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank dasnowball
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We had a wonderful stay celbrating our anniversary, in the Brighton room, at the Haxton Manor. The mansion is beautifully restored, with elegant and inviting rooms. We enjoyed the peaceful quiet seclusion, even amongst the many guests. The jetted tub was a great feature. The breakfast was delightful, and they were very kind to accommodate my special diet.

We can't say enough good things about Buffy, the owner. We have stayed at many B&B's and never have we felt so welcomed and loved. We deinitely will be staying again.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Sevenbundles
Salt Lake City
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I have stayed at many B&Bs, but this is the first of mine to review. Amazing house, great location. Easy to get downtown, the rooms are nice and cozy especially with the fireplaces and jetted tub! I am vegetarian and usually people seems a little put out by having to accomadate, but they asked and happily obliged with a great breakfast.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ahooper09
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This is a lovely home in a beautiful section of Salt Lake City that has been painstakingly and lovingly restored by Doug and Buffi. It is everything we look for when we travel: comfort; great location; wonderful, knowledgeable people; gorgeous home filled with glorious antiques. Every detail had been carefully thought through down to the chocolate on our pillow each evening and every conceivable amenity provided. I especially loved the English book nook. I did not want to leave when the time came. We look forward to our next trip to the extraordinary B&B. If you're going to Salt Lake City, do yourself a favor and stay here. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Each one is sensational. You can't go wrong with any of them!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoveToLiveLarge
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 17, 2011

All these reviews are right. Beautiful room and bathroom, quiet, close to city, easy to get to, quiet, great breakfast! No hassle and a great nights sleep!

Room Tip: we stayed in the BRistol rooom - 2 nd fllor with easy access. Great nights sleep
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple