“Perfection!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Approx. 350 South between Main and West Temple.
Transit: Conveniently located between both "Gallivan" and "Courthouse" TRAX (light rail) stops.
Description: Takashi pushes the envelope of contemporary Japanese cuisine, presenting unrivaled sushi and sashimi along with innovative small plates and hot entrees in a memorable downtown setting. Whether you prefer a bar side seat with a view of the action at the cutting boards, or a cozy table for two, our friendly and knowledgeable servers will guide you through the menus, the specials board, and our excellent collection of premium sake, beer, wine and fabulous specialty cocktails. WHILE MOST SEATING IS ON A WALK-IN BASIS, we do offer a few early reservations through Open Table.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Perfection!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Fish is flown in same day, so it's fresh even though this is a desert. Not a chain, but a family run place that is simple and modern on the inside, service is excellent and the sushi cannot be beat. This is one of the BEST dinners in town. You will want to come back. I grew up on the coast eating fish, this is the only place we go here.

Visited April 2014

Swan Valley, Idaho
“Yes Alice there is good sushi in SLC”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We visited Takashi on a Monday night and had an hour wait. That was no big deal because turn over means fresh, fresh and fresh. After our wait I was anxious to see what all of the fuss was about. I love the theater of the sushi bar and to my delight we were sat in front of Takashi himself. Now the real challenge, to get my texturally challenged girlfriend to eat raw fish.
We started with a saki flight to loosen her up a bit then I ordered hamachi sashimi.
A perfect presentation and super fresh with the sweet buttery taste of the sea and she was hooked. We then navigated our way thru the rest sushi case and took delight in each new bite. Thanks Takashi for putting her on the right path!

“Great!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My fiancé and I went to Takashi last week during a regular visit to Salt Lake City. The service was very nice but very slow. It wasn't busy yet it took 30 minutes for our waitress to take our order. Besides that, excellent! I ordered the Sunshine roll without salmon and it was so delicious, I ordered one more roll to-go! My fiancé ordered the Tiger roll and the Spider roll. He loved them both.

• Visited April 2014
Lafayette, California
“Life Altering”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I live in the SF Bay Area, and believe it or not, we have some of the best sushi restaurants in the country. Takashi was as good as OR BETTER than some of the best sushi restaurants I've dined at in SF and Berkeley.

I had two pieces of Nigiri Sable Fish on the recommendation of the owner, a small sashimi plate and the Ceviche Roll.

Let's take this one by one.

Get the sablefish. GET. THE. SABLEFISH. Did I mention that you should try the torched sablefish? =)

Small Sashimi Plate. Standard sashimi plate that you can get anywhere, but very high quality fish and very fresh. Yum. Yum!

Ceviche Roll. Now, I'm not a spicy food enthusiast, especially when it comes to my sushi. But this, this was just perfect! Not overly spiced. You could still taste each ingredient. So...my fellow sushi eaters who are spice adverse - have no fear! The water is excellent! Come on in! You can even control the amount of spice by using more or less of the sauce they provide. Take a chance!

Oh! And try to sit and the bar so you can watch the sushi chefs work! Amazing!

“Wonderful and Worth It”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We drove into the valley with a quest to find the best Sushi and feel as though Takashi is the winner. Nice ambiance,and always busy, we received good service and a memorable meal. The sashimi was perfection, the rolls creative and tasty. Highly recommended.