“Amazing sushi!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Approx. 350 South between Main and West Temple.
Transit: Conveniently located between both "Gallivan" and "Courthouse" TRAX (light rail) stops.
Description: Takashi pushes the envelope of contemporary Japanese cuisine, presenting unrivaled sushi and sashimi along with innovative small plates and hot entrees in a memorable downtown setting. Whether you prefer a bar side seat with a view of the action at the cutting boards, or a cozy table for two, our friendly and knowledgeable servers will guide you through the menus, the specials board, and our excellent collection of premium sake, beer, wine and fabulous specialty cocktails. WHILE MOST SEATING IS ON A WALK-IN BASIS, we do offer a few early reservations through Open Table.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Ah, finally - great sushi! It's been too long! I started with the seafood hot and sour soup, which was outstanding. I then had the nigri sushi combo and the T&T spicy sushi for my main course. The fish was fresh and tasty. The T&T was definitely spicy (at least the sauce was), and just tasted great. My only complaint is it felt like they rushed us out once we were done the main course - no offer for dessert (not sure if they serve it) or coffee. Also, I booked with OpenTable, but it was a '0 point' reservation - not sure what that's about.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a terriffic place for first-rate freshest sushi and sashimi and rolls plus tons of creative Japanese dishes. We went on a Monday night at 8 and it was more crowded than we expected so we sat at the bar and has omakase. It was great and everyone else at the bar was extremely happy with their choices. they also had a great selection of sakes. The atmosphere is veryhip, in a good way.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I finally tried this place after hearing all of my friends say how wonderful it is....and it is! The fish is super fresh, the selections are wonderful and the service was pretty good. The seating was a little uncomfortable to me, but that's not too big of a deal. I tried the Dine O' Round menu and it was fantastic! I will definitely be back!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I love good sushi, but this was over priced - 14 for two pieces of nigiri - granted it was a special fish but I thought this was crazy. Court was a great bartender and the ladies who were hostesses did a great job. Server Andrew was adequate.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Takashi rocks! Who knew one would find incredible sushi in Salt Lake City. We had several of the daily specials which were all very interesting flavor combinations. Everything was incredibly fresh. Our waitress was attentive, knowledgable, and pleasant.