“Always superb!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My two favorite indian joints in SLC are Bombay House and Tandoor. Because Bombay House is closer to the University it gets more attention but Tandoor is a real gem even if it's farther away. As a vegetarian I've had everything on the menu and it's all good. They even have dosas and uttapam, a rarity around these parts. The service is always friendly and timely. Every now and again they even have a good selection of desserts, including ras malai. The only blemish on their excellent record is that they don't offer an appealing selection of wines, by the bottle or glass; opting for the asian restaurant stereotype of cheap wines. I wish they'd add a few more upscale options to their list. Their beer list is small but decent though.

Date of visit: September 2013

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Just had some excellent food. The tandoori dishes are outstanding. The masala dosa is crispy and the potato filing is yum. Great job guys.

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Although the people there were very friendly, the actual service was lacking. Went there on a lunch date with my friend, we were chit-chatting and weren't ready to order when they came and asked for a few minutes. Fifteen minutes later I had to flag someone down to take our order. The first half of our time spent there my water glass was never refilled, the second half I felt like they filled it every time it got halfway empty.

When they brought us our main dish, it took another couple minutes before the rice that goes with it came out. And then I was left wondering what to put on the rice, because my dish was just pieces of chicken and vegetables, it had no sauce...About 3/4 of the way through while filling up my water glass the server asked me if we wanted him to bring out the sauce that he forgot to bring out with the food. And then it took a long time to get the check- so I don't know if this is a typical thing, but it was a good thing we weren't rushed for time.

The food itself was good, but nothing spectacular to speak of. I got the chicken tandoori, you have to order any bread separately but it comes with plain basmati rice (and supposedly sauce which we didn't get.) It was definitely enough food for one person, and was okay priced ($12). It came with an interesting dessert as well, which wasn't mentioned on the menu.

Overall, I might go there again if someone wanted to- but wouldn't go out of my way to visit again.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My friend an I arrived later in the afternoon, so we caught the end of the buffet. The food was delicious, even if not quite as fresh as earlier. The staff were so friendly and accommodating, and offered to replenish some of the items that were running low. The naan was delicious as well. I would totally eat here again.

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Tandoori is located in a typical strip mall, just east of busy 700 East. The decor is elegant. The service was personable and humorous. The food was fast, reasonably priced and delicious. Get the Mango Lassi. It'll help cool some of the spicy if you order Medium or hotter.

Date of visit: April 2013