“Greek Restaurant by the University of Utah campus”

Aristo's Greek Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Aristo's Greek Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 1,413 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 200 South and 300 South
Transit: UTA Trax University station is located one block east of the restaurant.
Reviewed January 16, 2014

There are several restaurants near the University of Utah. This one is a casual, though upscale restaurant that serves Greek Food. There were two of us and we were seated at a tiny table near a back wall. Our waiter was friendly, helpful, and attentive, though he forgot to bring the salad course that we had ordered. He brought us a dessert of rice pudding to share, which was quite good, and it was very kind of him, but we would much rather have had the salad. We ordered tyropitas and keftethes that were delicious and very nicely presented. We ordered a Greek salad which we didn't receive. My husband enjoyed the lamb shank that he ordered. I ordered the pastitsio. It was a different recipe than I have had and was strongly flavored and a bit dry under the browned bechamel topping---obviously that is a personal preference thing, and I didn't prefer it. Sorry. Parking is limited, but there is valet parking available.

There are newer reviews for Aristo's Greek Restaurant

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

The first thing I noticed when I got in was the inviting atmosphere and a long table with a Greek family. I couldn't understand a word the waiter was saying but he was really nice. He pointed out some recommendation and they were right on. Lamb chops and ossobucco were tender melt in your mouth! Hummus was authentic and arugula salad fresh! I absolutely recommend it.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were driving through Salt Lake and decided to get Greek food at Aristo's (I wanted a beer and most of the Greek restaurants don't serve alcohol). The restaurant really wasn't that busy and we were seated quickly. I ordered a Greek beer (very good) our server was funny and pretty fast with the drinks....then came the wait...and more wait. There was a couple next to us who came in after we did and were served their food before we even ordered. There was a party of 8 at another table and I thought oh well they must be busy...then we waited, my husband was worried that our parking meter had expired. Finally I asked for our server to come take our order...we are talking 45 minutes of waiting...just to take the order, then the food came out fairly quickly. I had soup and salad, my husband had dolmates and a salad. Food was great...however there are other Greek restaurants that we love as much. Even one that serves beer. So we would go back,....just not for awhile, at least we didn't get a parking ticket!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

While there are many Greek places to eat in SLC, most re walk up or order at counter.
This is a full bar and full service restaraunt. The menu is varied, and everything we sampled was delicious. And it's situated in a neighborhood, so has some location charm.
It's a bit expensive, but a really nice expereince and a menu that has something for everyone.
The lamb chops were outstanding, but the chicken and apetizers were flavorful too.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We shared a couple of entrees and appetizer samplers. All the food tasted fresh and perfectly seasoned. They have outdoor seating as well.