“Always good, often excellent”

Aristo's Greek Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Aristo's Greek Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 1,406 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 200 South and 300 South
Transit: UTA Trax University station is located one block east of the restaurant.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Always good, often excellent”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Aristos is a local favorite, on 13th East near the University of Utah and a convenient place to eat before events on campus. Aristo has the usual Greek fare, always well prepared. In addition the chef prepares dishes from his mother's recipe book. They are the next best thing to a trip to Greece.

Visited January 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Upscale Greek”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Excellent hummus and pita. Grilled salmon is excellent along with the rice pudding, eggplant was average. Good service excellent location nice facilities.

• Visited January 2013
Idaho Falls
“Wonderful Food, Close to U of U”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had a late afternoon, weekend lunch here after a long day on the U of U campus. Close to campus but a quiet, relaxing restaurant. Slower pace that lets you enjoy the food. My son had their Gyro and said it was the best he has eaten. I had the Chicken Souvlaki with the combine salad. It comes with a pita too so you can make it into a sandwich. Yummy.

For dessert we ordered two and split them. We had the Galaktoboureko, a lemon custard dessert that would have been enough for both of us and the Saragli, which was very good but rich. All in all a great lunch. Prices are more than a casual restuarant but within reason for the caliber of food.

• Visited March 2013
Arlington, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“much too salty!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I'll say this: at first, the food tasted excellent and authentic.

Then the saltiness became unbearable. And before you go thinking that this is due to my weak American palate unable to handle "real" Greek food or some such nonsense, let me just say I grew up in Europe, I enjoy anchovies straight out of the can, and not once during my last trip to Greece did I ever find anything *too* salty.

I understand that serving salty foods is a great way for bars to make customers buy more drinks, but this isn't a bar, and even I couldn't handle this much salt. No amount of water could quench my thirst, and I couldn't taste my wine anymore (making the whole salt-to-make-them-drink thing counterproductive). I realize this is "Salt" Lake City, but come on...

The worst of it was the aftermath. The heavily salted meal really messed me and my girlfriend up for skiing the next day... constantly thirsty, bloated so our boots would hardly fit, constantly going to the bathroom, and weak (from depletion of other minerals perhaps?). Simply not worth it.

Funny enough, there were imported Greek salt dispensers on every table - there for decoration only I presume? Or perhaps this was a one-time mistake from the chef that particular night, but that's why it's important to do some taste checks now and then, right?

• Visited March 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Heavenly good”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hummus and pita bread is phenomenal. I opted to have the shimp appetizer as my main course with a side greek salad, and the waiter suggested adding a side of rice because there is a lot of sauce with the shrimp. He was totally right. So delicious, and I didn't feel guilty afterward.

Their cocktails are super delicious as well, and reasonably priced. Absolutely loved it.

• Visited February 2013