“Nothing special, pricy”

Aristo's Greek Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Aristo's Greek Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 1,432 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 200 South and 300 South
Transit: UTA Trax University station is located one block east of the restaurant.
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I've enjoyed Greek food for many years now, but since my visit to Greece last year, no doubt even more so. Due to the complete lack of Greek restaurants near my home, when I travel, I tend to seek them out. I've found very good ones in Portland, Atlanta, and Indianapolis to name a few.

Aristo's was OK, but I wouldn't call it exceptional. The saganaki was good as it is most places, as were the entrees. But the menu omitted some staples, and from a place positioning itself as mid-high end, the quality simply didn't merit the price. Nevertheless, as the only full Greek restaurant I could find in SLC, I suppose it counts as the best.

Service was attentive, if a little stuffy, but no real complaints there. It wasn't warm and laid-back as it would be in a place with a Greek atmosphere, though.

If you go for a certain atmosphere, that's fine; and if you crave Greek, go for it, but don't expect to be blown away. I've had better Greek food at half the price in other large cities.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Thursday night live music adds to atmosphere, outdoor patio by sidewalk makes it fun.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

A truly exceptional menu reflecting the owners' home island of Crete. This is a family operation of the very finest kind. Mom and Dad are no longer as active, but he still grows many of the veggies and she still supervises the recipes. More importantly, she still does the baking!! Gotta try the desserts- I had to take mine to go...Aristo is the son and manager, and a most personable host. This place is absolutely worth the drive from wherever you might be in town.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Good service. Good food. Very Greek. Love the wine selection. Love the hummas with a twist.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This restaurant is located within easy walking distance of the University of Utah. As the group (total of 7 people) I was with only had 90 mins for lunch we figured we could try this place out. We only waited a minute to be seated but it took them a while to collect enough menus to give to us. That should of been our first warning sign. The restaurant wasn't even that busy! After taking our orders, we waited and waited and waited. Other tables that ordered after us were served before us. Then when our food arrived, the server could not remember who order what even though he had written it down in order. He got it all mixed up! One person paid in cash and had given him exactly the bill and was planning to leave the tip on the table. The server came back and said, "What? No tip?" How rude to assume that someone wasn't going to tip you especially since this person was holding the tip in her hand and preparing to leave it on the table! The food was delicious, but the service was bad. We had picked this place because it looked great. The other servers seemed fine so maybe we just got the odd one.