“Picked by my grand daughter”

Caputo's Market and Deli
Ranked #12 of 1,495 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Deli, Greek, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We are visiting Salt Lake City and took our twelve year old grand daughter to lunch. We asked her where she wanted to go and she said Caputo's because "they have the best meat ball sandwiches anywhere." She may be right. My wife ordered a tuna sandwich with lentil tomato basal soup. It was excellent. Josie and I had the meatball sandwiches and they were as good, if not better, than any I have tasted. The bread was a thick and over flowing with the meatballs and sauce. The restaurant was combined with an Italian deli. It is pretty basic with just a few tables in the back, the deli on the left and the choices for soap and sandwiches on the right. Nevertheless, I was impressed with the variety of olive oil and the nine different kinds of salt available. The selections on the shelves was small but if you enjoy cooking Italian foods you will enjoy what they are selling. I highly recommend a visit if you're looking for a great lunch.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Been here several times and have had wonderfull bites. The portions are massive so keep that in mind. Always consider this a go to when I am in town and hungry for lunch.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I had lunch at at this deli and was truly impressed. They had Deli and salads and pasta. I chose the Artichoke Pesto Linguini that came with a side salad. It was a huge portion and it was delicious. My co-workers got deli sandwiches that they all enjoyed and could barely finish. I also walked around the deli and bought some unique chocolates to take home with me (chocolate covered figs).

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were staying at the nearby Homewood Suites and found this an excellent place for lunch. Tasty sandwiches and great customer service. Excellent Italian deli adjacent.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just happened on to this place while walking the neighborhood and stopped for lunch--glad we did! This complex has an authentic Italian marketplace, a fine salad and sandwich place, a seafood shop AND a serious bakery. Service was quick and the chow was great--fresh ingredients and wonderful salads. By all means, if downtown, stop in for a quick meal.

1  Thank beeedell