“Lunch buffet is great intro to Indian food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Himalayan Kitchen

Himalayan Kitchen
Ranked #72 of 1,379 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Nepali
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Bigfork, Montana
“Lunch buffet is great intro to Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

We went here for a graduation lunch with 8 people and the lunch buffet was a perfect way to satisfy different tastes and introduce Indian food to my teenager. All of the food on the buffet was delicious, other than the tandoor chicken being a little dry.

The buffet is a great value. We also ordered a few items off the menu that weren't on the buffet. They were a bit on the speedy side and much smaller than I was expecting but regardless, they were delicious! I will definitely go here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Miami, Florida
“WOW, WHAT A FIND!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

During my recent visit to the ski slopes of the SLC area, I was tipped off to this great restaurant by a SLC local. I had to make a special trip to dine there, before my airport departure, as it is in downtown SLC. The food is different from routine Indian fare, seemingly more fragrant and interestingly prepapred, though the typical lunch buffet presentation is common. The food can be spicy or less so, on request. The ambiance was a bit above my expectation and the food offerrings were myriad, and included multiple vegetarian choices. There was not a single buffet choice of 10 dishes that I didi not try and love. It will be my first stop upon my next arrival, and is a must visit for ethnic food afficionados.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank philip g
Zug
“Weird atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our visit here was quite frigid. No special friendliness or recommendation. More of a "get-fed-and-pay" place. Hi and Bye.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Logan, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Food, Hard to Get in to Eat it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

I am not usually an Indian food fanatic, but if I lived by the Himalayan Kitchen, I can see it happening. AMAZING food. Really hard to get into the place.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Very Cold and Inhospitable Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Dropped in here for lunch..had a buffet going..rather skimpy selection. Were seated but felt like we were intruding,should have left before we ordered but didn't. Won't go back. Even when we paid our bill and left,there was no "Thank You for coming..just stone face. Will definitely NOT go back

Visited April 2014