After reading some of the reviews of this hotel I was hesitant to book a room, but it turned out to be an excellent choice. I was in Salt Lake City for three days, specifically to do research at the Family History Library which is located next door. The Plaza Hotel was very convenient and safe. The rooms have been renovated recently although the bathrooms still need some work. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, even allowing me a late checkout. JB's restaurant is an OK choice -- large portions, cheap prices, very friendly servers. I don't know how the location would work for tourists since I saw nothing of SLC except the room, JB's and the library.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salt Lake City's Dream Location Hotel. Located across the street from Utah's most visited attraction Historic Temple Square hosting six million visitors annually. Next door to the World's Largest Family History Library where you can research your family roots for free. Across the street from the Salt Palace Convention Center. Adjacent to the Gateway Mall Salt Lake’s Historic district. You will enjoy our friendly caring staff ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Salt Lake Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salt Lake City Plaza Hotel
- Salt Lake Plaza Hotel Salt Lake City, Utah