“Back Again”

Ranked #17 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Madison, Wisconsin
“Back Again”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed here for the ----- time - it's been a lot. Can't beat the location for doing genealogy at the LDS library next door. Only issue I had this time was that I was put in room 1315. The compressors? for the hotel sounded like they were right on top of my room. I could see them on the roof. All night long it felt like lawn mower noise in my room - next to little sleep. FORTUNATELY the next morning when I was asked how my room was, the gal offered to put me in a different room on the 10th floor. What a difference! It was quiet as could be. I now settled in for the rest of my stay. If you are doing genealogy, Café Navoo offers very good food and with a coupon from the library, 10% discount is offered. The cafeteria in the basement of the church office building also has wonderful food for lunch. Nice to have refrig and microwave in room too. Otherwise free shuttle service is great to and from the airport and the front desk offers very friendly service.

Room Tip: If you need quiet to sleep, stay away from the rooms on the 13th floor by the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Enjoy2travel
Plaza Hotel P, Guest Relations Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014

Guest Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Polish first
Bondsville, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Our location for a recent genealogical conference. Right next door to the Family History Library and across the street from Temple Square. Can take a break every day at noon to hear the free organ recital across the street. Tram stops in front of the hotel and a shuttle bus gets you back and forth to the airport. Friendly staff and hotel is being updated gradually On-site restaurant, amenities in spacious rooms, favorable rates for on-site conferences. For genealogist or those who want very close access to Temple Square, no need to look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Bernie O
We Love Genealogists At The Plaza Hotel

Saratoga Springs, Utah
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I had a wonderful birthday at the Plaza Hotel Salt Lake City.Rooms very clean,comfortable convenience of Down town.Need to spoil your self and not break the bank go here you will feel like a new person.

Room Tip: Go high for the view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JackR1872AA
Dear JackR1872AA,

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Dear friends at the Salt Lake Plaza Hotel May 5,2014
It has been two and a half weeks since I visited your hotel and your lovely city.The hotel was lovely and the service was fantastic.I was around my favourite attraction Temple Square.The staff was friendly and they made me feel welcome and right at home.I am looking to returning to Salt Lake real soon and plan to stay in your hotel again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less AC unit noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Plaza Hotel P, Front Office Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Neil E
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We take pride in our friendly staff they are some of the best in the business. You just cant beat the location. across from Temple Square, the new downtown mall and the convention center.
We look forward to your next visit here in Salt Lake
Best Regards
Roger Vlaanderen
801 521-0130 ext. 2149
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2014

great staff.
Great location and easy access to the mall and the transit system. Right in front of the hotel.
Complimentary shuttle from airport is a great service. and the driver even spoke about the history while we were driving to the hotel from the airport. good experience!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ali Z
Plaza Hotel P, Front Office Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Ali Z,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our staff, location, and complimentary airport shuttle! It's always a treat for some of our guests to be able to catch a ride with one of our very knowledgeable drivers.
I am very happy you let us know of your good experience and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

Modesto, California, United States
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel, ans both stays have been wonderful. The rooms are very clean and updated, and the staff is friendly and beyond helpful. I even enjoyed shopping in the gift shop, something I rarely do, but the gentleman running the shop was so friendly and full of ideas of places to see and things to do. I will be looking forward to another visit.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms overlook the Museum of Fine Arts and downtown, even numbered rooms overlook the m...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pam A
Dear Pam A,
Thank you for your comments. We always are excited to hear about an enjoyable stay that any of our guests have with us, and it sounds like yours was enjoyable! Our staff is one of the best around. Always smiling and willing to help, they are definitely some of the best people I have been able to work with, so I will make sure to pass your review on to them.
I'm glad you mentioned our gift shop! It is the Plaza's very own unique store, The Wildwood Hutch. This store offers drinks, snack, souvenirs, and much more. The shop owner is very knowledgeable, so I'm glad you were able to get some tips from him!
We can't wait to see you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here two nights in April 2014. Recently renovated King Room. 13th floor facing downtown. Loved the view. I needed a good room close to the convention center and this worked out great. I was more than happy with what I received. Check in was fast and efficient. The lady that checked me in was bright and cheerful. I showed up around 11am and she was able to get me right into my room even though official check in time was not until 3pm.

Room had plenty of space. Bed was very comfortable. Great lighting. Lots of plugs for electrical devices – two on each night stand and two more on the desk, and this does not count all the wall outlets. Free wifi worked well enough for free wifi. Simple browsing the web worked OK. Uploading picture files was very slow. The building itself is older. Some of the amenities show their age. But overall very comfortable accommodations.

Parking is great ($5/day) as it is less expensive than other options downtown. Location is very convenient to all downtown locations. Easy walking distance to all the sites and malls. Trax (lightrail) station right in front of the hotel if you prefer that. You can also drive around but I found it more convenient to leave the car at the hotel and just walk where I needed to go. Overall I had a great stay and I have already booked another stay in September when I will be back in town for another convention.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear MickeysBestPal,
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your newly renovated king room on our top floor! We are very excited about our new rooms, so we love hearing from our guests as well! Your review was full of great compliments to our staff and hotel, so I will be sure to pass this along to my general manager as well as the other staff so they can keep up the great work!
With all of the amenities the hotel has to offer, and with our prime downtown location, it's hard to beat! We look forward to seeing you again in September!