“Convenient to the LDS Temple and Church office buildings”

Salt Lake Plaza Hotel
Ranked #17 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Hong Kong, China
“Convenient to the LDS Temple and Church office buildings”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a seminar. The room was clean. I was in room 816, with no view. I was staying there by myself so the single double bed and room size were adequate. An iron and ironing board were provided. They didn't provide a toothbrush and toothpaste. I was able to buy this in the shop downstairs. Check in and check out were fairly easy. I liked the hotel because of its location close to my meetings. I had lunch on my first day at the City Creek Center which was close by and enjoyed the shopping there. Breakfast at the attached JB's restaurant was fine. There was a variety of food to choose from. Service was good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Plaza Hotel P, Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear sisterandersen,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location. We do offer tooth brushes and tooth paste at the front desk. Guests are welcome to stop by the desk or ask to have it delivered to the room. The room you stayed in has yet to be remodeled, so next time you're in town ask about one of our new guest rooms.

King Regards,
801-606-2418

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Polish first
Nova Scotia
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I, like you, use Tripadvisor's reviews to help me determine what hotel we're going to stay in when we're on the road. Book this hotel, you can't go wrong!

My main priority, and the thing I worry most about, when staying at a hotel is cleanliness. These rooms can be considered luxurious and they're immaculate. When staying in an establishment of this level, that's what you get.

I booked this hotel online after reading the reviews. We were not disappointed. This hotel has the BEST location in Salt Lake City if you want to be downtown and right across the street from Temple Square and a beautiful shopping district. After touring around this beautiful city for 2 days, we found the other larger chain hotels seem to be out of the way.

The front desk staff went out of their way to accommodate us as our vehicle had a rooftop carrier on it and wouldn't fit in their underground parking. (I read somewhere that there is an additional charge for parking...I think I read $5). They gave us a spot directly outside their lobby that is reserved for their own vehicles. And, we got such a great rate by booking through bookit.com, and were so happy with our room, that we decided to stay another night. The young man on the front desk worked his magic and did some switching around of future guests and allowed us to stay in our same room and gave us the same great rate we had gotten online!

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, actually I wouldn't stay at any other establishment as there are no other as convenient or helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Plaza Hotel P, Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear NovaScotiaRoadrunner,

Thank you for your comments. I'm happy to hear you had a good experience while staying with us. Customer service is always our number one priority, so I'm glad we measured up! Make sure to give us a call next time you're in town; we'd love to host your stay again!

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel, clean and spacious rooms in downtown slc. NeXT to THE tabernacle and Its beautiful park and temple of latter day saints. Within walking distance from restaurants and mall. Tram stops in front of THE hotel. Would stay here again, excellent price for à well located hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Franlex65,

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed our location. Give us a call next time you're in town and we'll get you into one of our newly renovated deluxe rooms!

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our brief stay here at the plaza hotel. It's right across from Trax (Utah Transit Authority) and a short walking distance from Temple Square and the beautiful City Creek Center mall. There is no complimentary breakfast but there is a restaurant next door. What we really needed and used was the complimentary shuttle from the airport and that was one of the main reasons why we chose this hotel. Our room offered a lovely view of the surrounding mountains. If you are looking for something clean, comfortable, and convenient, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Plaza Hotel P, Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear travelgetsbetter,

Thank you for your comments. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!
We hope to see you again next time you are in town!

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend and really loved it! The front desk staff was very friendly. The location of this hotel can't be beat if you want to experience downtown Salt Lake. They have recently done renovations to the hotel and our room was so nice, clean and updated. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Plaza Hotel P, Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Libby M,

Thank you for your comments. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as the new upgrades we've made! We will see you next time you're in town!

Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed May 31, 2013

A friend and I spent almost a week at this hotel in September, 2012, as part of an Ancestor Seekers group (highly recommend Ancestor Seekers too!). As others have noted, this hotel is exactly next door to the Family History Library and across the street from Temple Square. It is also within walking distance to several shopping areas and across the street from a relatively new downtown mall. It is an older hotel, and it's not fancy, but it is more than serviceable. My husband and I generally stay at Hampton Inns and this hotel was certainly up to those standards (but no included breakfast!). Our room had two queen beds and was very large. It had a standard small hotel bathroom, but there was an additional basin and counter space in the room, which was handy. We also had a mini-fridge and microwave. There's a Denny's-type restaurant attached, which had decent breakfasts and quick service. The hotel folks were very helpful and friendly and we had no complaints at all. On our final morning, we had to leave before their airport shuttle started running, so the desk reserved a taxi for us in advance. When it hadn't come when they thought it should, they initiated another call to get them there on time. I would definitely stay here again. It was comfortable and pleasant and very, very, convenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Plaza Hotel P, Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Striggs,

Thank you for your comments! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We've done some remodeling to our guest rooms since you've stayed with us (the project is currently still underway), so next time you're in town, be sure to give us a call and we'll make sure you get to experience our new, beautiful rooms!

Ferris, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during a conference this past week. He was at the conference so I was at the hotel most of the day from Tuesday-Friday. The hotel was clean and comfortable for the most part. That's the good here is the bad!! After the first night stay I was up taking a shower in the morning. My husband came in and asked me if my leg was bleeding. Uh no..... There was blood on the sheets towards the feet area that was not ours!!! It was not a stain from a sheet that had been washed. It was from a sheet that had not been changed. Then on Thursday afternoon I was laying down in the room when my husband came by for lunch. About 30 seconds after he left I heard a faint knock on the door. I figured it was my husband since I have the do not disturb door knocker on the door as well as the lock showing do not disturb. Wrong!! It was housekeeping who just walked in and didn't even wait 5 seconds for me to answer. I was completely nude and not happy!!!!! The hotel was nice the housekeeping needs a serious looking into!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Plaza Hotel P, Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear bjaytaylor,

Thank you for your comments. After reading your remarks I immediately did some investigating into the situation. I found out that the housekeeper on that floor had seen your husband leave and knowing it was one of her rooms to clean she went to your room. The 'Do Not Disturb' sign must have been knocked off because there was no sign she could see. After knocking the first time there was no reply and so she entered, but as soon as she heard your voice she closed the door. As for the blood on the sheet, we were not made aware of this situation during your stay or we could have quickly remedied the situation. We have state of the art laundry facilities here on the property with a full time laundry staff to meet any of the needs our guests may have. We are currently in the middle of a million dollar remodel project so that we can continue to offer the best value in Salt Lake City hotels. As always, we really do appreciate your feedback as it helps us know what our guests are thinking.