“Your Search For A Great Hotel in SLC Is Over!”

Salt Lake Plaza Hotel
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I, like you, use Tripadvisor's reviews to help me determine what hotel we're going to stay in when we're on the road. Book this hotel, you can't go wrong!

My main priority, and the thing I worry most about, when staying at a hotel is cleanliness. These rooms can be considered luxurious and they're immaculate. When staying in an establishment of this level, that's what you get.

I booked this hotel online after reading the reviews. We were not disappointed. This hotel has the BEST location in Salt Lake City if you want to be downtown and right across the street from Temple Square and a beautiful shopping district. After touring around this beautiful city for 2 days, we found the other larger chain hotels seem to be out of the way.

The front desk staff went out of their way to accommodate us as our vehicle had a rooftop carrier on it and wouldn't fit in their underground parking. (I read somewhere that there is an additional charge for parking...I think I read $5). They gave us a spot directly outside their lobby that is reserved for their own vehicles. And, we got such a great rate by booking through bookit.com, and were so happy with our room, that we decided to stay another night. The young man on the front desk worked his magic and did some switching around of future guests and allowed us to stay in our same room and gave us the same great rate we had gotten online!

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, actually I wouldn't stay at any other establishment as there are no other as convenient or helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Plaza Hotel P, Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear NovaScotiaRoadrunner,

Thank you for your comments. I'm happy to hear you had a good experience while staying with us. Customer service is always our number one priority, so I'm glad we measured up! Make sure to give us a call next time you're in town; we'd love to host your stay again!

There are newer reviews for Salt Lake Plaza Hotel

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel, clean and spacious rooms in downtown slc. NeXT to THE tabernacle and Its beautiful park and temple of latter day saints. Within walking distance from restaurants and mall. Tram stops in front of THE hotel. Would stay here again, excellent price for à well located hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Franlex65,

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed our location. Give us a call next time you're in town and we'll get you into one of our newly renovated deluxe rooms!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our brief stay here at the plaza hotel. It's right across from Trax (Utah Transit Authority) and a short walking distance from Temple Square and the beautiful City Creek Center mall. There is no complimentary breakfast but there is a restaurant next door. What we really needed and used was the complimentary shuttle from the airport and that was one of the main reasons why we chose this hotel. Our room offered a lovely view of the surrounding mountains. If you are looking for something clean, comfortable, and convenient, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Plaza Hotel P, Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear travelgetsbetter,

Thank you for your comments. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!
We hope to see you again next time you are in town!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend and really loved it! The front desk staff was very friendly. The location of this hotel can't be beat if you want to experience downtown Salt Lake. They have recently done renovations to the hotel and our room was so nice, clean and updated. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Plaza Hotel P, Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Libby M,

Thank you for your comments. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as the new upgrades we've made! We will see you next time you're in town!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

A friend and I spent almost a week at this hotel in September, 2012, as part of an Ancestor Seekers group (highly recommend Ancestor Seekers too!). As others have noted, this hotel is exactly next door to the Family History Library and across the street from Temple Square. It is also within walking distance to several shopping areas and across the street from a relatively new downtown mall. It is an older hotel, and it's not fancy, but it is more than serviceable. My husband and I generally stay at Hampton Inns and this hotel was certainly up to those standards (but no included breakfast!). Our room had two queen beds and was very large. It had a standard small hotel bathroom, but there was an additional basin and counter space in the room, which was handy. We also had a mini-fridge and microwave. There's a Denny's-type restaurant attached, which had decent breakfasts and quick service. The hotel folks were very helpful and friendly and we had no complaints at all. On our final morning, we had to leave before their airport shuttle started running, so the desk reserved a taxi for us in advance. When it hadn't come when they thought it should, they initiated another call to get them there on time. I would definitely stay here again. It was comfortable and pleasant and very, very, convenient.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Plaza Hotel P, Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Striggs,

Thank you for your comments! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We've done some remodeling to our guest rooms since you've stayed with us (the project is currently still underway), so next time you're in town, be sure to give us a call and we'll make sure you get to experience our new, beautiful rooms!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during a conference this past week. He was at the conference so I was at the hotel most of the day from Tuesday-Friday. The hotel was clean and comfortable for the most part. That's the good here is the bad!! After the first night stay I was up taking a shower in the morning. My husband came in and asked me if my leg was bleeding. Uh no..... There was blood on the sheets towards the feet area that was not ours!!! It was not a stain from a sheet that had been washed. It was from a sheet that had not been changed. Then on Thursday afternoon I was laying down in the room when my husband came by for lunch. About 30 seconds after he left I heard a faint knock on the door. I figured it was my husband since I have the do not disturb door knocker on the door as well as the lock showing do not disturb. Wrong!! It was housekeeping who just walked in and didn't even wait 5 seconds for me to answer. I was completely nude and not happy!!!!! The hotel was nice the housekeeping needs a serious looking into!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Plaza Hotel P, Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear bjaytaylor,

Thank you for your comments. After reading your remarks I immediately did some investigating into the situation. I found out that the housekeeper on that floor had seen your husband leave and knowing it was one of her rooms to clean she went to your room. The 'Do Not Disturb' sign must have been knocked off because there was no sign she could see. After knocking the first time there was no reply and so she entered, but as soon as she heard your voice she closed the door. As for the blood on the sheet, we were not made aware of this situation during your stay or we could have quickly remedied the situation. We have state of the art laundry facilities here on the property with a full time laundry staff to meet any of the needs our guests may have. We are currently in the middle of a million dollar remodel project so that we can continue to offer the best value in Salt Lake City hotels. As always, we really do appreciate your feedback as it helps us know what our guests are thinking.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel is clean and quiet with a great location. I booked a room with 2 double beds on hotels.com and they tried to give me a room with one queen. After some convincing on my part, they switched me to the room I had reserved.

There is free parking in a parking garage adjacent to the hotel. We asked for walking directions to Market Street and they offered to drive us. I would definitely stay at the Plaza again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Plaza Hotel P, Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Thail D,

Thank you for your comments. The parking is indeed free on Sunday during the day, but just to clarify a bit more, over night parking is $5 per night (a screaming deal for downtown)! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you next time you are in town!