“The Hotel is the Full Package”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West
Ranked #37 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
“The Hotel is the Full Package”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

This is our second visit to this hotel, and it is out favorite when we travel to this area. Our front desk clerk, Salote, wet above and beyond to provide a high level of customer service.
The hotel furnishings are top notch along with the electronic "do not disturb" and "need service" notifications outside the door. No more hanging paper signs on the door knob.
As for the restaurant, the breakfast was great and dinner service was great too. Highly recommend the broccoli cheese soup.
We look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed February 2014
Annie O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Mmharringtn,
What an excellent way to say "Thank you" to us, by giving us an amazing 5 Star Review like this. On behalf of my staff, we thank YOU for your very kind words. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond for all guests and I am so pleased to hear that Salote, and the restaurant staff, were able to make your stay so enjoyable. (I too love that broccoli cheese soup!) I will be happy to share this review with them. I love to hear that we are your favorite choice in the area and greatly appreciate that loyalty. We look forward to having you visit us again at the Holiday Inn & Suites Airport West. Please take care.
AnnJanene Ojeda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Anaheim, California
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

This Holiday Inn was just one overnight stay for our party of 4. My rating is based on my expectations of a Holiday Inn and not compared to a Hilton. We arrived after midnight with a reservation in hand. First impression was that this was not your typical Holiday Inn. The lobby was well designed and modern. What showcased the modern construction were the electronic “Do Not Disturb”/“Clean Room” display and a room doorbell? Very impressive.

Stayed June 2013
Annie O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Harold H,
Thank you for your wonderful review about our updated lobby. I'm so glad that even for a quick overnight stay we were able to exceed your expectations. On behalf of myself and my staff, we are pleased to see that we are helping our guests to change their view on what they would normally anticipate from The Holiday Inn Brand. Thank you again for choosing to stay at our Holiday Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport West. We hope you will think of us if you are ever in the Salt Lake City area again. Please take care.
Pocatello, Idaho
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was not looking to book a hotel near the airport. However, Priceline made the decision for me, so we went to the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Salt Lake City-Airport West! I have stayed at several of the hotels on Wiley Post Way. I have the La quinta booked next month. (Review coming!) Check-in was smooth, and very friendly. They accommodated our need for two queens vs a king without hesitation and still managed to get our second room next to our queen room! The lobby was attractive and decorative with a modern twist. (See pics) We found the rest of the hotel to be your average Holiday Inn. Not bad, just worn and a little tired. The room was clean and very presentable. The heat worked and the TV did as well. There are two outlets in the bathroom which was very nice. Also they had for our convenience, bath and body works products available in the bathroom. The bed was not good. Very uncomfortable and worn, but we were tired and slept well. The walls were thin and I was mostly surprised how we really could hear the interstate from our window. The interstate isn't really that close! But that sound really did penetrate our room. Not so loud or annoying we couldn't sleep, just a constant roar of vehicles. Didn't bother us overall, just noticeable. If your a light sleeper, it may bother you. The voices next door were our family, and they were quite....but they are a little hard of hearing and their TV could be heard in our room! Aside from that and a Sunday morning 8:15 a.m. knock on the door from housekeeping to see if we were out of the room yet, our stay was overall good! We did not eat the breakfast there, however we did have dinner in the restaurant. I will review it separately. (Wing Tips) For one night, or a cheaper option, use priceline!

Room Tip: Priceline for a great price!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank dkbrig
Annie O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear dkbrig,
Thank you very much for your honest feedback about your stay at our hotel. We greatly appreciate visitors, such as yourself, who are looking to inform other travelers about their options. While I am glad to hear that you did not have any problems during your time with us, I am sorry to hear that your stay was not impressive. I especially apologize for the bed's lack of comfort and for the early knock on your door. We value all feedback from our guests and will certainly use it to help improve our hotel in all possible aspects. We hope to have you return to visit us so that we can show you how our hotel can really shine in service and in quality. Please do come back to see us if you are ever in the area again. Thank you and take care.
Yorkshire
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This is good hotel conveniently located close to the airport. The bedroom was clean and very spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. The Shuttle driver, the Reception staff and the Evening Restaurant staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurant food was good. If you want to explore the city a hotel in the city would be better.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear YorkshireCelticTiger,
Thank you very much for your kind words. It is such a pleasure to hear that my staff created a wonderful experience for you during your stay. I will be sure to share that with them. As always we sincerely appreciate the positive feedback. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites and we look forward to having you join us for any future business trips!

Washington
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

The room was very comfortable and the bed was super comfortable! The restaurant gives free meals to kids! The pool was warm to swim in and the hotel staff was very friendly. They don't do a good job plowing the parking lot in the winter though so be careful

Stayed December 2013
Dear AOCS,
What more can be said other than...THANK YOU! So glad to hear that you loved our hotel. As always, we are incredibly grateful for a perfect 5 review. We want all our guests to be comfortable and safe, so will certainly take your feedback, about the snow plowing, into consideration for next winter. Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn & Suites Salt Lake City - Airport West. Please come back again.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 31, 2013

First lets say that the room was the standard quality I expect from my many stays at IHG hotels. I had to ask them if my rewards number was attached to my reservation. My 2 queen suite had a broken heater, so I left for a few hours while they took a look at it. I arrived back at midnight and the fan was still blowing cold air and no one had record of it being checked. Terrell switched my room just a couple of doors down which was a regular double queen. I attempted to get a regular double queen when making the reservation but was told they didn't have any. The next morning I found I was being charged for being in a suite. I got that fixed and was asked how my room was. I replied that it was small and they walked away. Upon leaving the following morning I found that my CC was being charged rather than the business card my company had submitted. Once again poor Terrell had to be the one who fixed the problem. By far he was the highlight of the trip. I am very thankful to have started up more than one rewards program so I don't have to live and die with IHG

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Chuck B,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations, specifically with the air conditioning unit and the credit card charges. I am relieved however that these issues were addressed in a timely manner. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
England
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights after a two day trip from the UK and then again for 1 night prior to our flight home. We were warmly welcomed as platinum IHG Club members and were very pleased with the roomy two bed suite. The lounge furniture was a little well used but comfy nevertheless. Dinner in the restaurant was good quality and quantity and our server was really friendly and very helpful. This was not so in the morning at breakfast as the service was very slow and the wait staff were not really very interested in serving. The food when it arrived was very good so the chef needs congratulating but the serving staff in the morning are responsible for the 4* rather than the 5* I would have awarded. Front desk staff were very helpful and assisted us in choosing where to go during our stay. The airport shuttle bus lady was very helpful too and assisted us in getting the free shuttle to Temple Square. Everywhere seemed well maintained and pleasant. Everyone remembered us when we got back from our trip to Yellowstone and wanted to know how we enjoyed it (except the breakfast "waitresses") and it felt like coming home. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a welcome, pleasant stay just be warned that if the breakfast buffet is not available (weekends, Mon and Fri?) then service is slow.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple