“Very pleasant and helpful”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West
Ranked #38 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights after a two day trip from the UK and then again for 1 night prior to our flight home. We were warmly welcomed as platinum IHG Club members and were very pleased with the roomy two bed suite. The lounge furniture was a little well used but comfy nevertheless. Dinner in the restaurant was good quality and quantity and our server was really friendly and very helpful. This was not so in the morning at breakfast as the service was very slow and the wait staff were not really very interested in serving. The food when it arrived was very good so the chef needs congratulating but the serving staff in the morning are responsible for the 4* rather than the 5* I would have awarded. Front desk staff were very helpful and assisted us in choosing where to go during our stay. The airport shuttle bus lady was very helpful too and assisted us in getting the free shuttle to Temple Square. Everywhere seemed well maintained and pleasant. Everyone remembered us when we got back from our trip to Yellowstone and wanted to know how we enjoyed it (except the breakfast "waitresses") and it felt like coming home. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a welcome, pleasant stay just be warned that if the breakfast buffet is not available (weekends, Mon and Fri?) then service is slow.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed overnight while to catch a flight in the morning. The hotel allows you to leave a vehicle on the property while you take a flight out of town. This is nice because you don't have the hassle of parking at the airport. The hotel was well maintained and clean. The rooms were average and good for a one night stay. The only thing we didn't like we're the pillows. The were about the size of a chicklet and very uncomfortable. There is not breakfast of any kind offered.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank idahospaz
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Friendly and professional front desk at an exceptionally maintained hotel with instant recognition as a platinum member. Kim at the lobby bar understood and serviced business travelers needs with timely service, menu recommendations, and a smile. Check-out smooth and as advertised price wise. Would stay again should my travel take me to Salt Lake.

Room Tip: Room was fine with a bit of a problem with the the HVAC. Just opened the window and enjoyed. Stayed...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was passing through SLC and had to pick up a friend at the airport the next day. I stayed here for one night and was glad I did. So glad in fact, I stayed again when passing through from L.A. a month later. It is missing a half star only because it is near the airport, but not near anything else. The property is very clean and the rooms are modern and well appointed. My breakfast in the restaurant was tasty, and was 30% off (maybe because I signed up for the IHG card?) It has a small but adequate gym that I used on my second stay, and unexpected perk in an airport hotel. I will definitely stay here again when the need arises.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is real close and convenient to the airport. It is clean and modern. It's in an area if many similar type hotels and no nearby restaurants except those in the hotels. The restaurant here is ok. I would recommend this Holiday Inn as a good place to stay for easy airport access. As good or better than anything in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a newer hotel where the rooms are kept very clean and the staff is always willing to be of assistance. I have stayed in numerous hotels during business trips to Salt Lake City and will always stay at this Holiday in on future visits. The food is the best in an area where there are not many choices and Inge in the bar provides fantastic service and would like to commend her.

Rooms are spacious and very convenient for business travelers.

Room Tip: Always try to get a top room floor facing away from I-80 if you like a more quite location.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I booked this on Orbitz because I wanted a hotel close to the airport for convenience. I read the reviews and chose it and was not disappointed.
It was one freeway exit off the I-80 west making it very easy to find especially as I arrived late at night and was driving an unfamiliar car.
The front desk staff was very friendly and professional.
The room was clean and up to date, very quiet (no noise from freeway or airport). The restaurant offered a morning buffet the first day I went there but the 2nd day only could order off the menu. I only ate there for breakfast but can say that the food was very fresh and tasty. The servers were very attentive and friendly.
I really appreciated the free Wi-Fi and free parking, as you don't always get this.
It was very easy to get to my destination of Nephi Ut. from this location and was easy finding my way to downtown SLC.
I would recommend the hotel as a comfortable, clean friendly property and I most definately would stay again.

Room Tip: I was on 4th floor...overlooking I-80...no noise or airport interruption. A/C worked fine and didn...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo