Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West
Ranked #38 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Bozeman, Montana
“Should be a 4.5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was passing through SLC and had to pick up a friend at the airport the next day. I stayed here for one night and was glad I did. So glad in fact, I stayed again when passing through from L.A. a month later. It is missing a half star only because it is near the airport, but not near anything else. The property is very clean and the rooms are modern and well appointed. My breakfast in the restaurant was tasty, and was 30% off (maybe because I signed up for the IHG card?) It has a small but adequate gym that I used on my second stay, and unexpected perk in an airport hotel. I will definitely stay here again when the need arises.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is real close and convenient to the airport. It is clean and modern. It's in an area if many similar type hotels and no nearby restaurants except those in the hotels. The restaurant here is ok. I would recommend this Holiday Inn as a good place to stay for easy airport access. As good or better than anything in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
Tacoma, Washington, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a newer hotel where the rooms are kept very clean and the staff is always willing to be of assistance. I have stayed in numerous hotels during business trips to Salt Lake City and will always stay at this Holiday in on future visits. The food is the best in an area where there are not many choices and Inge in the bar provides fantastic service and would like to commend her.

Rooms are spacious and very convenient for business travelers.

Room Tip: Always try to get a top room floor facing away from I-80 if you like a more quite location.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ava, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I booked this on Orbitz because I wanted a hotel close to the airport for convenience. I read the reviews and chose it and was not disappointed.
It was one freeway exit off the I-80 west making it very easy to find especially as I arrived late at night and was driving an unfamiliar car.
The front desk staff was very friendly and professional.
The room was clean and up to date, very quiet (no noise from freeway or airport). The restaurant offered a morning buffet the first day I went there but the 2nd day only could order off the menu. I only ate there for breakfast but can say that the food was very fresh and tasty. The servers were very attentive and friendly.
I really appreciated the free Wi-Fi and free parking, as you don't always get this.
It was very easy to get to my destination of Nephi Ut. from this location and was easy finding my way to downtown SLC.
I would recommend the hotel as a comfortable, clean friendly property and I most definately would stay again.

Room Tip: I was on 4th floor...overlooking I-80...no noise or airport interruption. A/C worked fine and didn...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Have stayed here a few times and unless something changes, will stay being my "Go To" Airport when using SLC as my business route. Tastefully decorated, conveniently located near the airport and major freeway hub. Nice bar and restaurant on property and rooms are comfortable, clean and tastefully done with an updated style. Shower pressure is not the greatest, which seems to be standard for the region. Frankly, I can't remember clearly, since I've stayed at this hotel the last 7 times through SLC.

Room Tip: Try to stay high and in the front part of the hotel. Even though you have the parking lot, it is bet...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We booked this room via Priceline after staying at another local hotel down the street for two nights (We would have stayed but they wouldn't give us the same rate we paid for the first two nights) and figured we would be having a great experience, as the Holiday Inn and Suites was a full star level above our previous hotel. When we got to the hotel we were told they only had a room with one king bed for us and that if we wanted two queens, it would be an extra $20 a night, even though if you book with Holiday Inn on their website the price difference is only $5-$10 more for two beds, depending on the night. My fiance and I were traveling with my 17 year old son, so we needed two beds. We were lucky though as my fiance is disabled and by law our reservation could have been cancelled and our money refunded if the hotel couldn't give us a handicapped accessible room. So we told the individual at the desk, who's name was James that we would be needing the handicapped accessible room and he said it would be no issue to change our reservation and no extra charge, so we figured we were getting our second bed (we were told there was a couch in the accessible rooms). When we got to the room, the only thing that made it even remotely seem like a handicapped accessible room was the fact that there was one support bar in the shower and one near the toilet. The doors weren't large enough for a wheelchair to fit, and none of the counters were wheelchair height. Oh, and the "couch" was actually a chair with an ottoman. Also, the room was on the 6th floor which made things miserable when 30 minutes after our arrival some kid from the wedding reception in the ballroom pulled the fire alarm and we had to get my disabled fiance down 6 flights of stairs, only to find out it was a false alarm. The management at the Hotel didn't even apologize for any of it! Luckily my fiance isn't in a wheelchair and instead just has limited mobility but can get around with a cane if he has to. It was truly a disgusting experience all around. I will never stay in another Holiday Inn property if I can help it. I am also considering turning them in for calling that room Handicapped Accessible.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here if you have a physical disability! Their idea of a handicapped accessible room is...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shan_30ish
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Shan_30ish,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I typically stay at the Holiday Inn Express locations but the Express near the airport was booked. Both are very convenient to the airport. I like the Express because the breakfast is included, average breakfast but you know what you're getting. This was a very nice hotel but I couldn't get past the smell outside. I was told that the smell comes from the Salt Lakes and is just part life in the city. Staff was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business