We took a mini family vacation that included the last kid/teenager in the house for visits to the zoo, museums, Cabellas (for me), and dinning. I'm familiar with the lay out of SLC and and adjoining cities so when you take in the amount of interstate travel available from an airport location I give a nod to staying out away from the downtown. Take a look at a map I 15, I 215, I 80, Redwood Rd., Bangerter Hiw. With some planning and a Google savy navigator (wife) you can visit a lot of places from an airport location without to much city traffic. Ok, for the Hotel part very nice, 4 pillows on the bed now I can leave my favorite pillow in the car. Air conditioning worked great with minimal noise, and as far as noise the traffic and airport location was for me not a factor. The bed/mattress was one of those that I would call hotel firm after about six hour you don't want to be in bed any longer. The shower now this is where I get critical, wow it was great plenty of hot water, the showerhead delivered and no interuption from other guest using the water at the same time. The exhaust fan in the bathroom either didn't work or wasn't wired to light switch. No big deal I've shaved with a foggy mirror before. Our 4th floor location was great and I would ask for it again, the guest noise was very minimal almost none at all!!! We already had our dinning itinerary mapped out so I can't comment on the restaurant except that if you have a $10.00 hamburger or a $13.00 basic breakfast you should have lines into the lobby before I take a seat. On our second night we had spent all day taking in SLC from early AM till 8:30 PM only to find we can't find a place to park because the Studdebaker crowd had 2/3 on the parking lot roped off for themselves. Was I irritated, you bet when I went to the front desk for help I was given directions to the rear of the building using a private parking lot. Then a slog thru the swamp/grass where Canadian geese and mallard ducks from a nearby lake spent a great deal of time forraging and pooping. The next morning I had to retrace my steps back thru the ankle deep water with my family gleefully watching from above ready to film any angry goose/duck encounter. Ha Ha. I made to car without a YouTube momment. All of this for a Rambler/ Studebaker/American Motors gathering. I'm old enough to remember Studdebakers and yes I drove a Studdebaker pickup when I was young re: floor mounted ignition switch/swing away fenders, ha. We laughed at our neighbors driving Ramblers then came American Motors ok I've cried enough. I still favor Fords, ha.Other than my fit about parking this Hotel works and would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Salt Lake City Airport West! Minutes from Salt Lake International Airport, downtown Salt Lake City, and four world-famous ski resorts within 45 minutes, the Holiday Inn Salt Lake City Airport West is ideally located. A free airport shuttle is available. Well- appointed guest rooms in rich, warm tones with spacious and well-lit work areas will delight you. Stay connected with free high-speed internet access in-room and throughout the hotel. Tie up loose ends in our 24-hour business center and enjoy the HD flat screen TVs when work is done. Triple sheeted beds and a pillow menu provide a superior night's sleep. Dine on classic American cuisine in Wingtips Bar and Bistro, our full service restaurant or enjoy the ease of room service. Catch a game on large plasma TVs in our lounge. Maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center, indoor pool, and whirlpool. Plan a successful event with our professional meeting and catering staff. We offer over 2300 square feet of flexible meeting space. Visit these popular attractions while in Salt Lake City, Home to the XIX Olympic Winter Games: Gateway & City Creek Shopping, Salt Palace Convention Center, Temple Square and the Great Salt Lake. Visit our corporate neighbors: GE Healthcare, L3 Communications, Raytheon, and Northrop Grumman. Experience all that the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Airport West has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West
- Holiday Inn Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West Utah