Stayed in two Holiday Inns this trip and both were great properties. This one, outside Salt Lake City's airport, is brand new and very fresh. Room was high quality, with clever allusions to Holiday Inns past (pictures with old signs, $8 room prices, etc. . .), a good bed, nice and updated decor, and an efficient bathroom. Quibbles include a door lock that didn't work so well--wouldn't lock back up, so had to get this taken care of with the front desk--and scant staff. Sometimes I went past front desk and there was no one. Also fitness center was almost non-existent. Would be nice if the hotel had arrangements with a nearby gym if the facility on site is so inadequate.
Location of the hotel is super convenient. Airport is very close (though Google Maps sent me the wrong way--beware) and downtown SLC is just four miles away, merely five minutes with no traffic.
Overall great value--my $51 bid was accepted on Priceline (usually about $129) and at the hotel, internet and parking are free. Beware if you use Priceline and require a double double--the Priceline rooms have just one bed, and getting a room with two beds will subject you to an upcharge. This is a heinous practice among hotels that treat Priceline guests differently, but they do here.
Interestingly, this is the only full service Holiday Inn in Salt Lake City, which I found odd. Does make it easier to locate though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Salt Lake City Airport West! Minutes from Salt Lake International Airport, downtown Salt Lake City, and four world-famous ski resorts within 45 minutes, the Holiday Inn Salt Lake City Airport West is ideally located. A free airport shuttle is available. Well- appointed guest rooms in rich, warm tones with spacious and well-lit work areas will delight you. Stay connected with free high-speed internet access in-room and throughout the hotel. Tie up loose ends in our 24-hour business center and enjoy the HD flat screen TVs when work is done. Triple sheeted beds and a pillow menu provide a superior night's sleep. Dine on classic American cuisine in Wingtips Bar and Bistro, our full service restaurant or enjoy the ease of room service. Catch a game on large plasma TVs in our lounge. Maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center, indoor pool, and whirlpool. Plan a successful event with our professional meeting and catering staff. We offer over 2300 square feet of flexible meeting space. Visit these popular attractions while in Salt Lake City, Home to the XIX Olympic Winter Games: Gateway & City Creek Shopping, Salt Palace Convention Center, Temple Square and the Great Salt Lake. Visit our corporate neighbors: GE Healthcare, L3 Communications, Raytheon, and Northrop Grumman. Experience all that the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Airport West has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West
- Holiday Inn Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West Utah