Camelot Inn & Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Royal Garden Inn(Salt Lake City)
View Hotel
Metropolitan Inn(Salt Lake City)
View Hotel
City Creek Inn & Suites(Salt Lake City)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband booked a room for my son who was traveling to SLC. He booked over the internet for 2 nights. When he finished it said it was booked for a week. My husband tried to call and contact someone several times. When he finally got ahold of the guy who handles things he told him he would not rent to him. My husband tried to ask what was the reason and the he already paid and had a confirmation number by the guy just got mad. We then told our son what happened so he tried calling himself to explain he was arriving that night and would need a room for a couple of nights, etc. my son got a text from the guy saying "if you step foot on the property I will call the police!" I read in a review the guy was crazy and scary but I figured it wasn't that bad....my mistake. Take your business somewhere else and avoid the hassle!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Jamaicagirl123
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The place is cute and cozy, outside looks strange, but the opposite, I highly recommend it.
Is located one block from the train station, one block from a restaurant, in the corner there is a Seven Eleven.

Room Tip: If your budget is tight visit it
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This place is garbage. The owner is mean and rude and can fight with you and throw your stuff out while you not there. Very bad experience staying here. They manipulate the price and you will ends up paying almost the same price as staying in any decent motel.I strongly recommend not staying here.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank ss k
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Looking for a convenient and inexpensive place to stay during your visit to Salt Lake City? I stayed here for 5 days in August 2013 and found it adequate for my needs. Not many frills but I generally don't expect much from a hostel.

It's easy to find. Just look for the yellow building. I think it's the only yellow building in town. If you're coming from the airport, just take Trax to the 900 station and you're half a block away.

Rooms are about average and I slept fine with three other guys in the room. I had a little trouble figuring out how to actually get into the room because I arrived late at night and was forced to go onto a computer to read the instructions. You also have to deal with figuring out how to put the key back in the contraption outside the door when you sign out. But it's not too bad. Just different.

The common area has a couple of computers and a table. Not much space if you want to hang out with friends. You'll be near the downtown area, which isn't like a typical city. Salt Lake has wide straight boulevards with not a lot of traffic. You can walk or take TRAX practically everywhere you need to go. I felt very safe here late at night, and I loved how there were several car dealerships across the street so I could browse after hours.

Camelot is a very clean hostel. No musty smells like that place I stayed near Taos, New Mexico. Showers are nice although a bit cramped. But at least they're not shared like in some other facilities.

Refrigerator is right by the door so you can buy food and deposit it in there as soon as you arrive, and grab it when you want to take something with you for the day. All in all, I recommend this place. No big complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Freed0mt0travel
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I reserved a couple of rooms only to find that something had come up and I had to cancel a couple of hours after booking. I called the hostel and was told that I was in the wrong to ask if we could work something out since the policy is that I would have to have canceled 48 hours in advance to get my money back, which would have been impossible since I had booked the rooms earlier that day. When I explained this to Arthur, the owner, he became aggressive and rude and kept throwing policies and "proof" of this policy at me rather than attempt to work with me. Tuns out that this is not the only bad policy. His hotel includes far too many extra rules and charges/fees hiding in the corners. This type of penny-pinching, inhospitable attitude is not worthy of a business. Save yourself the trouble and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, it isn't worth the risk to your wallet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends