Camelot Inn & Hostel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$115
Comfort Inn Downtown(Salt Lake City)
$210
$199
Peery Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$251
$224
  • Room Service
Grand America Hotel(Salt Lake City)
$395
$339
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$197
  • Breakfast included
$144
$126
Comfort Suites Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$93
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$209
Little America Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$315
$279
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$313
$238
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 8, 2011

The booking can only be done online. A friend booked for us, and it seemed easy enough. The guest house website was a bit of a nightmare. We stayed in the blue and bright yellow inn/hostel building.

The room was about 22 per person for a 2 person room with a double bed on the bottom, single bed on the top bunkbed. The sheets were clean, and the bed was comfortable - no gross linens, no strange springs hitting you in the back. I would bring your own towel, apparently they charge extra for usage of the towels. There was also a small TV in the room. There is free Wifi, but it doesn't work super well - was intermittent and slow when I stayed there.

The bathroom was a bit...gross. Smelled and reminded me of a boy's dorm bathroom - no gross visuals, just an icky feeling. I opted out of taking a shower. There is a bathroom in each hall, single toliet and shower. There are video cameras EVERYWHERE - a bit creepy feeling. Also, lots of intense signs yelling at you visually about the various reasons for which you'll be charged 40 extra bucks, including running the laundry late at night, not doing your dishes, drinking alcohol in the common area, and not following the letter of the law for checkout.

Honestly, it's solid for 22 bucks a night - just a bit of a terrible atmosphere. Way better than camping in a crappy tent in the rain, but not super friendly. If I came back, I might check out one of the other hostels just to see if they are a little less angry feeling.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I have never been so DISGUSTED in my entire life, the whole ordeal was UNPROFESSIONAL and SHOCKING our credid card was supposedly declined, after booking three days in advance but we were offered no proof and charged extra, even though we had been there earlier that day to drop off our luggage. He was not willing to accept an alternative card, and we did not have enough cash on us at the time. Auther (the owner) became very agressive and rude, telling us to leave the property even though we offered to go and get cash for him. Leaving to young girls stranded on the street at 6PM. We were then warmly welcomed by The Avenues Hostel who were so kind and provided a fantastic service, that i would recommend to anyone. All I can say is that i would never advise anyone to stay at the 800 south Guest House, and i cant understand how they have any guests after the way we were treated.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank lucygp16
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I was very frustrated by the pricing, I was told that the price of staying daily would be ~ $170 a week, with a 10% discount if I booked a whole week, but for 4 days it was $120, that is 210 a week! I was actually looking for apartments, he advertises that it is 340 to stay for a month, but it is just a lure, because he doesn't have monthly vacancies for you. The location is in a seedy part of town, I can clearly hear the every breath of a man on the furthest opposite corner of this building, and everything inbetween. This is not a nice place, and they are kinda shiisty and try take advantage of you.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank BrandonbUofU
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I was traveling from Portland to Denver and decided to stay for a couple days in Salt Lake City. I didn't really have any plans and I had never been to SLC before. It was around 11pm or so when I got referred to this place by another hostel that was full for the evening. I called the number, but nobody answered so I left a message. A few minutes later, my cell phone rang and it was Camelot, inquiring if I needed a room. Everything was handled over the phone. I was given a key code to let myself in, and got a private room with a bunk bed for a very reasonable price. Inside the building, I found a communal kitchen and a couple bathrooms with showers. If I had wanted to, I could have bought groceries and cooked food on the stove or in the nuker as long as I cleaned up my mess. But I was on vacation so I ended up eating out. The building looked old, but the room was clean. Granted, this was NOT the Hilton or the Carlton Ritz, and I did not expect it to be so. However, because of the way it is set up with the key-code doors and security cameras, I felt very safe. I ended up staying another night, and found out that they also rented cheap bicycles for the day! Since I had no other means of transportation I felt this was a really great service. To be sure, the bike was a P.O.S. Walmart special that didn't shift right, and the seat was too low, but it sure beat walking and the price was right on. I personally enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to budget minded travelers.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2009

The house can't be missed because its yellow color stands out. It's very close to the light rail line. The ceiling fan helped me sleep well at night. I felt like I was at home. Dwight Palas

Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business