“Great Value...”

Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Tampa, Florida
“Great Value...”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

What they do, they do well. Great service, Clean from top to bottom including rooms, lobby, pool area... Nice to have option of full restaurant on site... Starbucks in the same parking lot... easy from airport, great hub to all ski resorts... What more can you ask for?... nothing at this price point, I almost hate to let the secret out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. My staff and I stive to ensure that every guest has the best experience possible. I'm very glad to hear that you're stay with us was a good one. Your comments and feedback are extremely benificial to us and we apreciate them greatly. If you have any suggestions on how we could have made your stay even better, please feel free to contact me personally.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Baton Rouge, United States
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our family of 4 had a great stay! The room was exceptionally clean, the beds were comfortable, the wifi was working, the restaurant downstairs was friendly and the food was good. This was the beginning of a Christmas vacation for our family. This hotel set a high standard for the following hotels to meet.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Gary B
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time review our property. I'm so glad to hear that we were able to help you and your family start your holiday vacation off right. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests and we are happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. If there is anything we could have done better during your stay, please feel free to contact me personally.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

England
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We were originally given a room with no bath but that was changed when we made a request. The room was nice, a reasonable size with a comfy bed. The spa and pool was better than most downtown places. It would have been given a 5 but for the breakfast. I appreciate that a cook to order is available but was unaware that an additional supplement was required to be paid when booking. This is far cheaper than purchasing in the morning. Unfortunately it was seemingly not possible to offer us this discount in the morning when we requested it even though we were not informed of its availability when checking in. It is a shame that a lighter breakfast option is not available as the full breakfast is a surprise addition to the bill.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time review our property. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests and we are happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. I'm sorry that you were not made aware of the fee for breakfast. We do offer a bed and breakfast package that decreases the price. Unforturnately it isn't available if the room has already been booked at a discounted rate. If there is anything we could have done better during your stay, please feel free to contact me personally.

pa
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has it all, value, convenience, amenities, cleanliness and the icing on the cake is their top notch customer service. The hotel is new and clean and beautifully decorated. I am an early riser and enjoy having coffee in the lobby while my family sleeps in. I was pleasantly surprised to find a luxurious lobby in such a value priced hotel. The rooms are spacious, the pool and hot tub were nice. The hotel is in a super convenient spot to the highway for driving to the mountains and for dining, we even heard people saying they were walking to dinner. There is a drive thru Starbucks and a ski shop adjacent to the parking lot. If all that weren't enough everyone at the desk was incredibly friendly, helpful and accommodating. We have been coming to Park City and Salt Lake City for many years and have never stayed at the same place twice - but we will be back to this one!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank DandD50
Thank you for taking the time review our property. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests and we are happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you were fond of the location and that my staff helpful and efficient. If there is anything we could have done better during your stay, please feel free to contact me personally.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 27, 2013

From the moment I called to be picked up at the airport, until the moment I left two days later, I felt I was with family. Pickup at the airport was effortless. [Make sure you do not take the similar looking shuttle to HGI-SLC Airport]. Check-in was smooth, with cold water bottles to take to my room. Although it was late night, front desk directed me to Legends for late night food of very good quality, just a long block away.
Room was very comfortable. Bathroom was well appointed with the essentials plus a good showerhead and great water pressure. Beds and cover first rate.
Breakfast was very good both days with professional, friendly service. Good selection of breakfast choices. coffee hot and fresh. Also available all day in the lobby. Nice choices of local and national newspapers.
Very close to many of the better Ski rental shops including my favorite UTAH Ski and Golf [a block east].
Anytime you pass the front desk we received pleasantries. The staff did seem to genuinely care and were helpful.
I looked at, but did not use the gym or pool, but both look clean and well cared for. Also the business center is very well appointed, better in fact than the one at the larger Downtown Hilton hotel a few blocks away.
This property has become my goto property for short ski or business trips in and about SLC. Freeway close to all ski slopes, and within walking distance of any central city business.
We will return...soon.
Oh, yes! and a Starbucks next door....

Room Tip: I have stayed in three different suites each different for different reason, all good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MrLA54
Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly review our property. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests and we are happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. We appreceiate your loyalty. If there is anything we could have done better during your stay, please feel free to contact me personally.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Just needed a place to crash for a night out downtown. This hotel was perfect! The room we got was spacious and comfortable. The hotel was clean and welcoming. I'm kind of a Starbucks junkie, so it was great that there was a Starbucks right next door! I was also nice that the hotel was relatively close to the Trax. I will definitely stay again when I need a place downtown. Please thank your staff.

1 Thank Asher P
Thank you for taking the time review our property. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests and we are happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you are a fan of our location and the Starbucks in the parking lot! If there is anything we could have done better during your stay, please feel free to contact me personally.

Randlett, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

HGI is a very nice hotel with spacious rooms and comfortable beds. I can't recall if the hotel has HDTV. When I want to relax I enjoy watching HDTV. What I don't appreciate is the huge hike in rates during busy times.Those of us who show our loyalty by staying at HGI should not have to pay the increased rates unless we ask for a specific room like a suite which costs a little more.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests and we are happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. Just to clarify, the rooms are indeed equiped with HDTV. If there is anything we could have done better during your stay, please feel free to contact me personally.