Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Quality Inn(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Royal Garden Inn(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Downtown(Salt Lake City)
1,205 results
All reviewsgreat hotelbusiness centertemple squaresalt lakeshort drivefree parkingwould stay here againparking lotcookiesfitness centerfront desk staffpool and hot tubfew blocksroad triphotel restaurantcomfortable bedsconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is a very good property, with comfortable rooms and quick access to local dining and attractions. The breakfast is better than most HGIs, with a short menu offered rather than the normal checklist. My wife used the exercise room and was very pleased. The staff was as competent and friendly as any I've experienced.

I wavered on 4 vs. 5 stars for 2 reasons:
1) If you get a king sized bed, they use those dial your hardness mattresses. It didn't mattered where we dialed ours, it felt like a cushion top on sand. I'd prefer a traditional mattress.
2) Rooms on the West Side have a fairly unattractive view. Given the neighborhood that's unavoidable, but if you want pleasant views out your window go for a room facing East.

They have wonderful Jacuzzi rooms available which are great for a romantic weekend. But the compromise on those is they are on the side of the hotel with the less desirable view.

Room Tip: East side for the views. Jacuzzi suites are wonderful.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so pleased to hear that your experience here was a pleasant one. My staff and I value the comments and suggestions of each of our guests. I apologize that you didn't find our Garden Sleep System beds desirable, but glad that everything else about the hotel made up for the discomfort. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything we could do to make your next stay with us even better than the last.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Salt Lake City area.

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way back home from Reno. We didn't have a reservation but the front desk staff was very accommodating. They said they would give us a room on a quiet floor and it was a great room. Very clean and updated. I would stay here again when we are in salt lake.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Bfreeze67
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so pleased to hear that your experience here was a pleasant one. My staff and I value the comments and suggestions of each of our guests. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything we could do to make your next stay with us even better than the last.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had a medical emergency that forced us to travel from Elko, NV to Salt Lake. The patient was released at 6:00 am, I had already been up for more than 24 hours and needed some sleep before attempting the three-hour drive back to Elko. I called Hilton HHonors to see if we could get a room in the Salt Lake area and the very helpful operator I got contacted the Hilton Garden Inn and arranged for a room at short notice at a great rate due to our circumstances. The manager at the Hilton Garden Inn was also absolutely terrific and offered us the room through the night if we wanted it. The only complaint I had is that the room we were in was fairly noisy (first floor and you could hear traffic outside) and the windows needed better placement of curtains to block sunlight. I was also somewhat concerned about security in the open parking lot at the downtown location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Tj R
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest service survey. All of our staff strive to provide the best service possible to our guests and I am pleased to see that we were able to achieve this during your stay.

Thank you again for your input as it is with guest comments that we are able to better our daily operations. I apologize about the noise in the room. I hope that the rest of your stay made up for the inconvenience. If there is anything further we may assist you with or if you have any further comments, please don't hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed here only one night but I would definitely stay here again. The room was clean and large with a comfortable king bed. Keurig coffee maker with real cream, microwave and fridge. Good breakfast.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you again for your input as it is with guest comments that we are able to better our daily operations. If there is anything further we may assist you with or if you have any further comments, please don't hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

The king suite with a whirlpool tub was worth every penny. The tub was humongous and easily fit us both. It was in the bedroom which was private from the living room with a locking door. Two nice televisions, but you cannot hook up your own devices. I set up a string of lights for a little extra romance in the bedroom. Very nice view from the tub. The bed however was not comfortable for either of us. It was very hard but when you slept it sunk in and made it hard to move. The room would have been PERFECT with a different bed. It is adjustable but even then wasn't very good.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel G

Thank you again for your input as it is with guest comments that we are able to better our daily operations. I'm sorry you didn't find our beds comfortable. The Garden Sleep System beds are generally a hit. If there is anything further we may assist you with or if you have any further comments, please don't hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.