“Great Weekend!”

Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
United States
“Great Weekend!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We could not have been happier with our stay! Terrific accommodations and wonderful staff. Harvey at the front desk during check-in clued us in on the hotel's breakfast and we took advantage of his suggestion each morning of our stay. What a feast! We couldn't eat all that was prepared for us. The young lady who served as our hostess both mornings was attentive and very warm and pleasant to us. Way to go, Salt Lake Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our bed and breakfast special! I will be sure to pass your kind words along to my staff.

We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area. Sincerely,

Hilton Garden Inn SLC Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Salt Lake City
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I picked this property because of the whirlpool suites they offered which is in the room and fits two people easily. We celebrated our anniversary here just to get away from home. The check-in was easy and the clerks were friendly. Free parking. I was very impressed with the room. There's a seperate living area and desk area from the room and the whirlpool. I think the TV's are too small (why can't hotels buy anything bigger than a 28 inch screen? haha) but we enjoyed an in-room movie. I have to say, what really made our stay special was a super nice, hispanic gentleman (I'm so sorry I don't remember your name!) who came to give us some late night snacks. He had told us he had just celebrated his 13th anniversary with his wife. Very pleasant. About 5 minutes later, we had another knock on the door and it was the same guy, with a surprise for us! He brought two slices of cheesecake with strawberries to help us celebrate, for free. What a nice and considerate gesture! Thank you so much for making our night memorable!

I was disappointed that you had to pay for breakfast and that it's not included, but it is what it is. The waitress took forever to get our check so next time we will probably not stay in the hotel for breakfast or order room service.

The rooms are clean and quiet. The beds are very comfortable. The whirlpool was a great addition and experience. We are planning on staying here again for our anniversary. We don't even like The Grand America as much as this place!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I love hearing about my staff going above and beyond, and am so glad that you were a recipient of such outstanding service. Unfortunately the non-complimentary breakfast is a HGI standard. However, we do offer a bed and breakfast rate which makes breakfast about half the price. Be sure to ask about it before you book your next with us! We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to improve our property.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

Santa Cruz, ca, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Nice room, street noise minimal with window closed, convenient location, good food in the hotel and nearby, and friendly staff. Carpet cleaning trucks parked below my room made noise until a little later than I would have liked, but they were done by 11 PM or so and didn't disturb my sleep. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize about the noise from the cleaning trucks and assure you that they aren't normally an issue. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to improve the quality of your stay with us next time you are here. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to improve our property.

Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is everything you would expect from Hilton. It is clean and well maintained, rooms are spacious, and the beds are comfortable. It is practically on the path from the airport, a 10 minute drive to Temple Square, and 5 minutes to restaurants. Rates vary quite a lot depending on conventions in Salt Lake City. The tram is nearby and can take you to Temple Square and Gateway shopping, although we drove and never had a problem parking.

Room Tip: Request a room on an upper floor for a better view of the mountains. We used our Hilton points to u...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to improve our property.

St. Louis
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was my first time to stay in downtown SLC. It was walking distance to bars / restaurants...about 15 minutes to Red Rock Brewery (great food) and Poplar Street Bar (fun and happening place!) . Rooms were spacious, clean and had very comfortable beds. The indoor pool was nice and the hot tub is open 24 hours...huge perk!! There is adequate and free parking on site. Only downside is lack of complimentary breakfast. There is a restaurant onsite which served breakfast for ~$12 per person, but we just decided to go to the McDonalds a block or two away. Good experience overall...would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our location and 24 hours amenities. Next time you stay with us ask about our bed and breakfast package. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to improve our property.

boston
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Room and pool were very clean. The pillows were the only thing I could find fault with in the room. They were terrible.We took advantage of the pool and hot tub which were also very clean and enjoyable. We thought the brekfast buffet was included but it was not. We went to McDonalds down the street. I would definetly recommendthis property to friends and family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us overall. I am sorry to hear that the pillows weren't as comfortable as you had hoped. Ask us about our bed and breakfast rate next time you stay. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to improve our property.

Greenville, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on three different occasions. Nice accommodations, the breakfast and dinner staff recognized me and welcomed me back and are very efficient. Will always stay here when in SLC.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us again, and am so glad that you keep choosing to come back. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to improve our property.