“Good quality & rate for downtown!”

Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the property was considering my rate of less than $150/night for a hotel that sits a block over from the SLC convention center. The hotel was easy to navigate and had a coffee bar near the lobby. Staff were all very friendly and attentive. My room was quiet, clean, and a pretty good size. There was a nice mini fridge and decent size flat-screen TV.

The bathroom is quite a bit smaller than hotels I'm used to, but it was more than enough for one person. I'm not sure I'd want to share it with a family, though! There was some wear and tear particularly in the bathroom but it didn't hinder my enjoyment of my experience at all. The fitness room was small but suited my purposes and I also enjoyed some quiet laps in the pool and a soak in the hot tub. Great centrally located hotel with very soft beds and decent amenities. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerSLC, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve.

We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had a great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Salt Lake City. It was clean and quiet and convenient to the things we wanted to do down town and at the University. We added breakfast to our room rate and it was a great value. Full cooked to order breakfast plus a breakfast bar with lots of choices.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert B

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our location and breakfast options. We appreciate all feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The room was nice and clean for a simple overnight stay for my mother and grandmother. The hot tube and pool was relaxing and 24 hour accessable, which you may not find very offen. The only complaint is that the Hilton Garden did not offer a light continental breakfast rather you would have to sit down and order from the brunch buffet.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our 24-hour pool and hot tub. We appreciate all feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The hotel was nice/average for the line. Rooms were well taken care of. The pool was excellant. We had a nice stay with no issues. We were a larger group and everyone seemed pleased except my brother-in-law because there was no continential breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our pool. I apologize about the lack of a continental breakfast. The cook-to-order breakfast is a Hilton Garden Standard. We appreciate all feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The best chain hotel I've ever stayed in. Hotel 6 (of 9) on our driving holiday. It's only a chain hotel but it's perfect. Nothing out of place anywhere. Restaurant has decent food and good service. Room large, very clean and very comfortable. Lovely breakfast. Seems central enough but we were only staying in Salt Lake City for the night. The room was so clean I actively went on a hunt for dirt. Nothing! Well done to them. Brilliant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our location, cleanliness, and breakfast options. We appreciate all feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stopped here overnite. This is a beautiful and newer facility. Our room was large, very clean.
The service was great. The breakfast served the next morning was tasty. A very nice motel, whether staying in the city or a stop over. It is very close to the downtown area, but not in the heart of the city.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our location, breakfast options, and your rooming accomodations. We appreciate all feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We booked with the Hilton Garden Inn because we thought that the Avis Car Rental Counter would be in this hotel. We were surprised to discover that there are two Hilton propeties downtown in Salt Lake only a few blocks apart. Since our sons were with us they were able to walk to the other hotel and pick up the car. If my husband had been on his own we would have called a cab to get to the correct Hilton to get the car.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us despite booking the wrong hotel. We appreciate all feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve.