“Very pleasantly surprised”

Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We decided to stay in SLC as a stopover on our way to Yellowstone. I wasn't sure where to stay and had never stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn before. Phone reservations were easy and everyone very pleasant. Upon walking into hotel, greeted by staff and they were always so helpful with any question I had. I was concerned this hotel might not be in a good area of town, but it was very close to the beautiful, upbeat downtown area of SLC and many restaurants.
Rooms: good size, clean, nice bedding, with lots of pillows :-) and refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot. Complimentary hot coffee, hot tea, and yummy cookies. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank disneykathie
GeneralManagerSLC, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear disneykathie,

We appreciate your taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am happy to see that you were so pleased with your stay. I will pass your compliments, ease of reservation, helpfulness of staff, proximity to down town Salt Lake City and room accomodations, onto my staff. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Salt Lake City.

Marianna Gamboa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife & I moved into this place, at $119 per night, when the Residence Inn jacked up its weekday rates to $189.
Clean rooms, good wireless, excellent breakfasts at $14, then off to Starbucks, 2 minutes' walk from the main entrance.
Friendly, helpful reception staff

Room Tip: We got a room near the back entrance, where parking is easier to get.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank constanttraveler71

Dear constanttraveler71,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, epecially the rooms, wireless internet and breakfast. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Salt Lake City.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Good, clean and safe environment. Excellent staff and front desk check-in. firm bed. Hotel rooms could be upgraded. A/C units need to be replaced and b/fast menu needs more variety. Gym aslo needs upgrading.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
2  Thank Michael L

Dear Michael L,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the environment and staff. I will pass on your comments concerning the upgrading of hotel features.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

When I intially reviewed this property back in June 2009 - my first stay - I gave it very high marks not only for its superb cleanliness and condition but most importantly for its staff's attention to detail and engaging nature. Fast forward four years later and the same is true. I was surprised to learn that Marianna Gamboa (Black) was still the GM but that explains why this remains a top notch property.

This team is one of the most welcoming you will meet. They warmly greet you in the lobby upon arrival, at meals and anytime they can be of service. The many awards in the lobby attest to this hotel's committment to excellence. This is a MUST STAY while in SLC - you won't be disappointed. On top of that, their chef and food is mouthwatering.

Nice job - again - Marianna and team.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TFopinion

Dear TFopinion,

Thank you for such a positive reveiw of our property, we greatly appreciate it. I am so pleased to see that you continue to enjoy your stays with us. I will pass on your comments and praise to all of my staff. We look forward to your next visit to Salt Lake City.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The staff were very helpful and nice. The rooms were nice and clean. The on premise restaurant was very handy and good! Definitely stay here if you want a nice clean pool. The location the hotel was at was convenient to other nearby locations to look/shop around. Would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah F

Dear Sarah F,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write a review of our property. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our rooms, restaurant, staff, pool and location. I will pass on your comments to my staff. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Salt Lake City,

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I will stick with the Marriott's. Although a nice hotel, there is a major disconnect with the staff (especially the front desk). Very disappointing stay on many levels - too many to list. I highly recommend looking elsewhere for lodging. On several occasions we were given bad directions to the point in which we got lost. Although they say the front desk has a concierge - it is clear that they do not. The employees do not care and do not want to take the time to help families with anything other than check in's and check out's

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Susan H

Dear Susan H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning our property. We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your stay, especially our front desk staff. I will make sure to speak with my front desk staff and have them provide clearer directions as well as a map.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I was very pleased with this hotel. Clean comfortable,friendly staff. If I was able to change one thing though it would be to make the restaurant open for late lunches even if just with a limited menu. Searching all over downtown for any restaurant open at 3pm was frustrating. I would definitely stay again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank TamGeo
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We apologize about the inconvenience of having to go out for lunch. Next time you stay with us, please ask the front desk staff for recommendations. They know the area very well and would be more than happy to help you.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Salt Lake City and thank you for recommending us to friends and family!