“Great Staff & Location”

Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Great Staff & Location”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel was very clean and staff very accommodating and pleasant. Always eager to please. Fresh baked cookies upon arrival was a bonus. The exercise room and pool looked very nice, but did not use. The restaurant & service was good - especially breakfast. Great fruit buffet! I would recommend this hotel for both business & pleasure. Parking was a plus! If you don't eat in the restaurant, eat at Valters!!! Best Italian food in SLC!!!

3 Thank Jobo2travel
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Jobo2travel,

Thank you for reviewing our property. We appreciate your time and kind comments. I am happy to hear that you loved our cookies, breakfast selection and facilities. I have to agree with you, Walter's is one of my favorites too. We appreciate your business. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Marianna Gamboa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
South Jordan, Utah
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I would not stay here again if you paid me. These people are a piece of work especially the manager. The man at the desk which I believe there are a few reviews about Harvey accused me of trying to steal a meal, I left the Embassy Suites which I only ate there for 8 days and paid more than 200.00 in food alone. These people are crazy and to treat a Honors GOLD almost DIAMOND member that way. These people have no respect for the Hilton name and im taking my complaints all the way to the VP of operations of Hilton not the owner of this lousy hotel. If you want to stay anywhere dont stay here stay at the hilton at the Airport they are MUCH better and the staff is warm.

Room Tip: Stay at the airport location skip this hotel all together
2 Thank TJ2013_13
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear TJ2013_13,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the level of my customer service or the customer service of my staff, or the customer service from Hilton during your many calls for complimentary rooms without any credit card provided.
I am happy to hear you found a hotel that you are happy at. Our reputation says it all, my hotel has been #1 or #2 on Tripadvisor for the last 6 years. And taking care of customers is what we do best and take pride in. I am sorry we failed to take care of you.

Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I chose the Junior Suite (a bedroom and a separate living room). Everything was clean, and every one of the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were both very comfortable. The food from room service was delicious, and a wonderful Indian restaurant (Copper Bowl) right next to the hotel opened only a few days before our arrival and served some of the most delicious Indian food that I've ever had. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We always ask for a quiet room and were given one at the very end of a hall on the top (fourth) floo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zmaddoc
Dear Zmaddoc,
thank you so much for taking the time from your busy schedule and sending us a review. We appreciate all your kind comments about cleanliness and staff at this property. I am happy you got to try our restaurant food and would recommend staying with us again.
Please let me know if I can ever assist you in the future. We appreciate your business.

Albertson, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

HGI was fantastic. For less than $100, you can get free Wi-Fi, free parking, a 24-hour pool/hot tub and 24-hour gym. The pool and hot tub were great, always quiet while we were there. The gym has several benches, plenty of weights, and state-of the-art machines, in addition to a big-screen TV that you can control on the machines too, towels and headsets. The rooms are spacious, with the basic king-sized room almost suite-like with a pull-out couch, microwave and fridge. There's also always food available, be it with table service, room service or just snacks. My check-in process was quick and simple, as they were very accommodating with my late arrival. The center of town is about a mile walk, as are most of the museums, shopping and area. Plus it's very close to the airport, just a half mile off the highway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Christine P
GeneralManagerSLC, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Hilton Garden Inn Traveler,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are proud of our fitness room and we are happy to see that it was perfect for your needs. We hope that after your hard work out that you were able to treat yourself to the fresh baked cookies at the front desk. We look forward to having the pleasure of serving you as our guest again.

Albany, NY, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Outstanding hotel, Amazing staff, The best business trip I have ever had!! The staff were so accommodating, made me feel valued, very professional with a sense of humor too. The hotel was very clean, housekeeping was fabulous without being noticeably present. Highly recommend for business or leisure trip!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Susan G
Dear Hilton Garden Inn Traveler,

Glad to hear that we were able to make your stay in Salt Lake so wonderful. We truly want every guest to feel the way you do. Hope to see you when you come again. Maybe you'll reveal yourself.

New York, NY
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel after a week of skiing at Deer Valley. It fit our needs perfectly and was a fantastic value. The room was very clean and had two comfortable queen-sized beds for our family of four. Check-in was easy and the front desk was friendly and helpful.

The hotel is on the edge of downtown SLC. We didn't have a car, but we found two very good brewpubs a few blocks north, so not having a car wasn't a big problem.

One of the best amenities was the free shuttle ride to the airport, which is less than 10-minutes away. Since we had skis, this saved us an expensive SUV cab ride.

Overall, I'd stay in this hotel again for its cleanliness, value and airport shuttle service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ABCnyc
Dear ABCnyc,

Thank you for your great review. We are so glad you had a great trip and were able to enjoy Salt Lake and Deer Valley. We are happy to know that the free airport shuttle service was a benefit for your trip. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Always have a GREAT experience at the HGI in SLC! Travel there on business twice per year. Very friendly staff at front desk and at breakfast every morning. Breakfast selection is always fresh. Starbucks located in the parking lot next door if you want to swing through for a quick beverage. One of my favorite HGIs accross the country!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ChattBizTravlr
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear ChatBusiness Travelr,

thank you so much for your continuing loyalty to our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and business. I am so glad to hear that we became one of your favorite HGIs during your travels. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever assist you in the future. Thank you so much.