“Excellent value, very friendly and helpful staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent value, very friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at this place for a couple of nights in August. The rooms were average, but they had a gym and a business center and the staff was one of the friendliest and most helpful of all the hotels that we have visited on our whole world-trip. Excellent value for the money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Dickbratze,
thank you for taking the time and for your kind review.
I am so happy to hear that we will be well remembered from your world trip.
My staff strives to go above and beyond with each and every customer that comes to enjoy our beautiful hotel with us.
Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of assistance to you and we hope to see you back again next time you are in Salt Lake City.

Marianna Gamboa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Wyoming
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in late September. Front desk was very welcoming and knowledgable. Room was clean and quite. We did not eat here or use the spa, but if it is anything like the rest of the property it would be excellent as well. There areseveral restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear BearwatcherWyoming ,
We know when traveling to Salt Lake City you have so many options to choose from when staying in hotels, we thank you for your business and staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn. I truly love my staff and appreciate all of them and their work. We all love coming to work every day because of great guests like you. Hopefully next time you are in the area you will stay with us again and can take advantage of all of our amenities such as our business center, 24 hour pool and spa and our restaurant. Thanks again for all the kind words.
Mount Juliet
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I decided to book my stay at this hotel based on the reviews found here. I found the whole place to be very clean and the people were all very friendly. Great location! Walking distance to many of the city's best attractions and eating spots. Very convenient to the highway system as well. I don't have any complaints at all and would stay here again if I find myself in the SLC area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bryan L,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our property. Although we aren't in the heart of downtown we are in great walking distance from all of the downtown areas like you mentioned; the wonderful restaurants and the many attractions. We hope next time you are in the area you stay with us. We truly enjoy welcoming back our returning guests.
Santa Ynez, CA
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Garden twice at the beginning and end of a vacation in the region. It was conveniently close to the Airport as well as to local restaurants. The rooms were bright, fresh and clean and everything was up to date and well-maintained. I especially appreciate free wireless Internet service with no hassle, something rare in hotels these days. I also appreciated that the front desk was wiling to print our boarding passes for our flight the next day for no charge. The beds are a little hard for my taste, but are nevertheless pretty comfortable. The rooms were also very quiet and we both got a good night's sleep. It's a great value and I would stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Pale_Rider27,
Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in SLC. We appreciate your business. I am glad to hear you took advantage of some of our free amenities such as our wireless. It is rare in hotels these days but we are so glad we can offer it to our guests. As for your stay in our bed I am sorry to hear it was too firm for your liking. If you stayed in a King Bed we do have our Garden Sleep System Beds which are adjustable to your comfort. You can adjust them to being more firm or less firm at any point. I am sorry that you were not aware of that if you were staying in a King Bed during your trip. Hopefully if you coming back to SLC again you choose to stay at our hotel and we can welcome you back! Thanks again for such a wonderful review.
San Jose, CA
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We spent some nights at this hotel, while visiting Salt Lake City. The room was quite large, breakfast was good, location was good - maybe a mile or so south of Temple Square. We ate some dinners, too. Nothing special, but adequate. But the breakfasts really had variety, and one could choose from, say, many types of omelettes.

The room was dark, thanks to the shades that could be drawn - and they worked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank happy2travelnow
Dear happy2travelnow,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. I know when traveling to Salt Lake City there are a lot of options. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast so much. I hope next time you are in Salt Lake City you choose to stay with us. Thanks again.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is the best hotel I've stayed in in a very long time! I have pretty well nothing negative to say about this Hilton Garden Inn. The price was very reasonable ($125/night for me), with a very comfortable, modern room. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. The television was modern, and received many HD channels. The bathrooms were comfortable and modern, although I wish the shower had a hand-shower.

The wifi was generally strong (and free), although slowed down at some points. I was able to get a strong enough signal to stream Netflix (usually) and make video calls. At times when it slowed down, wired ethernet was available for free. The wireless printing (by e-mailing the file to the hotel e-mail address) was greatly appreciated and worked fantastically. The business centre was very modern and comfortable.

In particular, the fitness centre was one of the best out there. There were 3 treadmills, 3 elliptical machines and a stationary seated bike. There were also free weights and one pull-down machine. Finally, there was a nice, big indoor pool with hot tub.

The service was a particular highlight. They were friendly on check-in and check-out. I required a change in pillows (to hypoallergenic) and the brought them up within 5 minutes. I also ordered room service at peak time. They said it would be up within 30 minutes - it arrived within 15. The room service food was outstanding, and very reasonably priced. Finally, the freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies (which arrive warm at 5pm) was a great touch.

The hotel is around a 10 minute (or less) walk to the Grand America and Little America - good location for a conference in that area. It's also within walking distance to many good restaurants and to the tram line.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear FunkyMan3333,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great view about our hotel. We truly appreciate your business and I am so glad to hear that you found our hotel to be so nice. I always like to hear guests taking advantage of our amenities such as the free wireless and the business center and of course, your favorite, the fitness room. I have a wonderful staff and we all hope to welcome you back to the HGI downtown Salt Lake City next time you make your way back to Utah. Thanks again.
Boston
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were impressed by the helpful staffand the very nice room. The hotel offered many amenities that we didn't have a chance to take advantage of. We did make use of the business center and the free wi-fi though and it was helpful and convenient for us. We had a good stay at a good price.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear muddy61,
thank you so much so taking the time and reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your business. I am glad you found our hotel very nice. I am also happy you were able to use our business center and a complimentary wifi.
We would love to welcome you at our hotel next time you are in Salt Lake City.