SpringHill Suites by Marriott Salt Lake City Downtown
Comfort Inn Downtown(Salt Lake City)
$88
$76
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$129
Hampton.com
Comfort Suites Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$81
Salt Lake Plaza Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$101
$90
$65
$109
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Salt Lake City Marriott University Park(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$76
Marriott Hotels
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$157
$149
  • Restaurant
Metropolitan Inn(Salt Lake City)
$67
Grand America Hotel(Salt Lake City)
$359
  • Pool
All reviewstemple squarecomplimentary shuttle to the airportfive minute drivegreat hoteldouble bedbreakfast buffetyogurtfantastic stayexercise roomsalt lakesitting roomnice sizefree parkingthe hotel is cleanroom was spaciousdowntownslc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have stayed at this location a few times over the past five years. I would compliment the hotel on keeping up with the wear-and-tear and maintenance issues they must experience as a very busy family hotel. Our room was clean and large and accommodated our family well. The hotel is now supplying Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner--which is a small, but appreciated, touch of luxury. Although not in the heart of downtown, this location is still central and within walking distance of the "free route" for Trax, which transported us to Temple Square.

The downfall of this hotel is the aloof staff. On our first morning, the breakfast area was so crowded there was nowhere for us to sit. So we stood and ate breakfast. There is no reason why this hotel should not be proactive and offer additional seating. Is there no conference room to use as an overflow? When a hotel caters to families by providing all-suite rooms and complimentary breakfast, they should be able--and willing--to accommodate the expected breakfast crowds. When I asked the front desk employee if there was anywhere else we could sit for breakfast, she just gave me a blank stare. I can tell by reading other reviews that our stand-up dining experience was not an isolated incident. Guests who value a warm and inviting atmosphere may feel this lack of attention is enough to avoid this otherwise solid property. (I would be willing to return if the overcrowding situation and staff attitude improve.)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2012

In our week on vacation and staying in four other hotels, this one was the second best. Our favorite one was not in town and cost considerably more and that cost did not include breakfast. If traveling to Salt Lake City again, I would stay here again. I loved the room layout with the large sitting area away from the bedroom.

The pool was the smallest I have ever seen--it would work for someone who wants to get wet but not for anyone who wants to swim.

The breakfast buffet was pretty typical and the space was small but not crowded on the Monday morning we were there. Although in a busy downtown area, we didn't find the noise level to be as high as in other city hotels where we have stayed previously. We heard no noise at all from inside the hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We always stay in a Marriott, but this is our first time at a SpringHill. I would rather pay a little more and stay at a Courtyard or Residence Inn. We stayed 3 nights at this hotel with 3 children (11, 8 and 5)

LOCATION: It's on the outskirts of the Downtown area and from a room in the front, we had a lot of industrial buildings that were full of graffiti as our view. The view from the back of the hotel looked a little bit nicer. Easy freeway access and a Starbucks right around the corner is a plus.

SERVICE: The service from the front desk was good on arrival. ** I did request extra towels on my reservation and those were not in the room. ** I brought a throw from home left it on the bed the morning and found it thrown on the floor after the room was made up. I thought that was terrible! ** Also, there was a dirty towel left on the floor. ** We couldn't find a station guide for the TV and called the front desk. He said he was happy to make a copy for us and that "we could come grab it". At other Marriotts, I am used to having anything we need offered to be brought to us. ** I called ahead to be sure the room was cool since the temps were very high, I was told that someone would be sent up to check. Upon arrival, the AC was on, but I believe it needed serviced, the temperature of the room was comfortable but on the warm side the whole time. **Breakfast service was terrible, more on that below.

CLEANINESS: Besides my throw being thrown on the floor and the dirty towel being left, I give the cleanliness an A+ :)

BREAKFAST: My husband kept saying "the cereal was good" LOL. The breakfast buffet area is VERY small, it was impossible not to run into someone while trying to get your food. And the more seating area is needed. On the second day, we had to use a coffee table and sit on the couches (not so easy with a 5 year old trying to eat cereal!) I sat on the floor. There was a table open, but it needed cleaned. Syrup was spilled all over it. The make your own waffles were tasty, but be sure to throw the cup you use for the batter away or the lady doing breakfast service will yell at you! (and the cup wasn't even mine) When I asked her very kindly for a spoon, she was sure to tell me very rudely that everyone waits until breakfast is over in 20 minutes and that we just need to be patient! Excuse me!? The muffins were good and one the first day, I had a decent banana but I didn't see any after day one. The eggs and sausage are terrible.On the 3rd day, half of my family enjoyed our leftovers from The Red Iguana (which is AMAZING!) rather than suffer through another breakfast downstairs! To sum it up, you can find enough on the buffet for a decent breakfast and it's better than spending $50+ at a restaurant but they really need more than one (rude) person taking care of breakfast on weekends!

OTHER: There is only one elevator and as another reviewer said, it's VERY slow. ** We did like the layout of the room, it worked out well with a family of 5. One of the children slept on the sofa sleeper, two on one double bed and my husband and I on the other. ** The beds were super comfortable** **We could hear traffic outside and doors near ours being closed and that was with a fan we brought being used on high** The swimming pool is clean and towels are available, but it's a very small pool. The hot tub was great and the courtyard area were great.

This place isn't a dive, but definitely on the lower end of Marriotts.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stay here if you need a downtown location in SLC. Hotel seemed noisy being in a residential area behind the hotel and barking dogs. I guess I expected more from a SpringHill Suites. Much more prefered the SpringHill Suites in Cedar City over this one and prefered SpringHill Suites in others cities I have stayed.

Room Tip: A high room towards the front of the hotel to prevent noise from the rear of the hotel will provide a quieter night.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Wanting to be closer to family, we booked this room through an online website. Because of the staff's incompetency, it was the worst experience I've had in hotels in over 30 years. They messed up the billing from the get go, and tried to pass it off as my problem or the problem of the website I booked through. I had expected to spend time with my family in my suite, but instead, was forced to stand in the lobby for over an hour for no fault of my own. It was ridiculous.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family