“Excellent food, always great service!”

The Dodo Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 1,422 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I love everything about this place, the decor, the vibe, the food, the service. My friends and I have never ordered anything that we didn't love. The desserts are all amazing! I highly recommend The Dodo!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a true SLC gem. Food is always outstanding in creativity, quality and freshness. Specials are interesting and appealing. The desserts are amazing. Service is attentive, friendly and genuine. Need I say more? Oh, and consistent!! The Dodo is a reliable and trusted restaurant.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had the most amazing desert here! TOLL HOUSE PIE!!! It is to die for. We ordered desert first, had an amazing quiche for our main and guess what, Toll House Pie again (to share) for desert. Seriously people, you gotta try the pie. :)
We will def be back.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Every time we visit SLC we all order the shrimp salad sandwich to go x 8 people. They are fabulous! My hubby who doesn't eat seafood gets the Chicken Alfredo and loves it. Their food is delicious regardless of what you get. Yum.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The food is freshly prepared with quality ingredients. There is a proper cooking time and I've always received great tasting food. The sandwiches are a little pricier than what you will find at other casual dining places, however, the quality makes it worth the price. The homemade pies are to die for. The chocolate almond is my favorite and is served with fresh whipcream.

The service has always been good. The one time it wasn't good, the manager promptly took care of me without hesitation which is wonderful because I felt like a valued customer. I come here often during my lunchbreak and it is a nice retreat from my work day. I appreciate the hospitality and concern when so many places are only concerned with money instead of customer service.

I enjoy the atmosphere. It's trendy enough for a younger crowd, but sophisticated enough for any age. I love the hardwood floors and comfortable seating. The big, beautiful windows let in lots of natural light. The patio is a great place to dine when the weather permits.

The only problem I seem to have is when it's really busy, it's extremely difficult to find somewhere to park. The street is full, the other surrounding businesses threaten to tow, etc.

1  Thank Michelle907