“Great short stay!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Downtown
Ranked #35 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Good location, breakfast is average, suite was clean, I use Homewood Suites all over US and always satisfied. Room sizes are above average. Kitchenette is very helpful for a family. Working space more than suitable. Easy to reach most important locations in Saltl Lake City. Weeekly flea market right next to hotel!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was in town for a training with my job. Upon arrival I checked in only to have the front desk girl rudely ask what I wanted. No greeting just a blunt question. I sat down to read a newspaper and the kitchen staff came over to talk with the front desk girl. While talking they made apparent it was about me by pointing,laughing, and whispering. Frustrated and uncomfortable I went to my room only to find the floors DIRTY! For the price you pay for a suite I would expect it to be clean. Next day I went to dinner only to find the kitchen staff clustered, talking Spanish, and not replenishing food so other guests had to wait. The other people from my training staying in this hotel had even worst stories than I did. We all agreed to never stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Susie1127
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel is in a great downtown Salt Lake location. There is a pretty park across the street. There is a farmer's market on Saturday mornings in the park during the summer months. The view from the outside pool deck area is fantastic. You can see the state capitol building. The hotel is very quiet. The quality of the breakfast is better than most hotels and includes hot items.

1  Thank 385kellyn
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was a great place to stay with a typical Homewood Suite private bedroom and two baths. Indoor parking is a real plus. The breakfast was certainly acceptable though there weren't always enough seats. It was a nice touch to have coffee in the lobby when we arrived.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had reserved my room 2 1/2 months in advance. I requested a room in a quiet area of the hotel. Upon checking in, I confirmed my request and told it was granted. I was given a room in front of the entrance to the swimming pool, it smelled of smoke (I requested non-smoking), and there was a terribly loud noise coming from a piece of equipment outside my room, and a large light shining on the hotel was shining in my window. I requested a room change and was told the only room available was a handicap room. They said they only thing that made is handicap was added hand rails. They did not mention I would not have a tub. The windows were very dirty and the room was average clean. During our 5 day stay, we would have to ask for room supplies because the housekeeper would not leave them when cleaning the room. The furniture really needs updating including the mattresses. The carpet had a large tear between the bedroom and the bathroom. The breakfast had a lot to offer but not many fresh items so I would not eat much at breakfast. The staff was OK, not rude but not very friendly. The exercise facility was the best I have seen in a long time. The worse part is the entire block is covered in homeless people. They would come to us begging which would make me feel very uncomfortable. I was told in the area are 4 homeless shelters and one free health clinic so that is why there are so many in this one area. This Homewood Suites is not the typical friendly, well maintained and up-to-date furnishing that is typical of other Homewood Suites. It was very disappointing. and I would never stay here again!

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I prefer to use stairs instead of waiting for the elevator plus conserving energy and the room was too cool even with the high heat outside for me but everyone else seemed pleased. Also, the selection of food for the complimentary breakfast was mostly dead food.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nice hotel, but security should be improved. Free basement garage parking, with open access to everyone. I expect a downtown hotel to have key card access to elevators and hotel floors. Pool area was lovely and breakfast was a bit above average.

Travelers also viewed these Salt Lake City hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown
Residence Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
Residence Inn Salt Lake City Dow...
#39 of 75 in Salt Lake City
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Downtown? Share your experiences!