“Cold City. Warm, comfy suite hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Downtown
Ranked #36 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Loved the room: Nicely decorated, small suite for one. Very clean and quiet. Very comfortable bed and nice LG TV with lots of channels. The service was excellent from the desk people to housekeeping to those who staffed the complementary breakfast. I recommend it highly and will be back if ever I'm in Salt Lake again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
HomeSuiteHome423, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

Leeee45- You are truly fantastic and our entire team thanks you for the review you have shared! We would love to have you back as our guest! Thanks again!

Reviewed April 26, 2011

As a business traveler, I am one of the net picky guest..when it comes to finding a place to stay that offers great comfort, cleanliness and respect.

At Homewoos Suites in downtown SLC, I truly had a great time; and have experienced the finest treatment, comfort and outmost respect from their Reception Staff, Mgmt. Team and of their housekeeping team. I also like the location and the easy access to Freeways, Energy Center, Temple Square and I can enjoy the walk around the block and seing the city center. They have great work-out room with a lot of equipments and its organized and clean.

Best of all, You have to meet Ben... (He is D'Man, Manager's Reception Host) He's pretty cool guy, friendly, kind and will always treat You like a Five Star Guest.
Just how can you beat all these perks that's beeing offered ....All for Free..it's all on the house and healthy food each day.

I've also met Ms. Monica (Gen. Manager) a truly amazing woman, She's very humble ,
down to earth person, a good listener and will always be available to help out on anything. Monica is also sorrounded by AWESOME Mgmt. and Service Team
(Ms. Benja, Mele and Ken...the do it all person...)

By the way, this place is also known for doing great community service to local police force, military personnel and most of all ... the love and care for Guest Family thats visiting SLC, Utah due to some serious health issues and would need some kind of surgery and long-tern treatment. These Hotel Staff can do the job and they'll make you feel good and love.

I am really touch by this hotel with their great service, cleanliness and the love for their Guest.

Check it out and You'll feel the difference....I know I have...

Cheers,

Gil

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelerWhoCares22

Mr. Gil- other wise known as Uncle Gil here at the hotel- we are so grateful to be your second family. You bring such a great spirit when you are here with us and give us the opportunity to share stories and catch up! You know we love you and appreciate the sacrifices you make to continue to come see us weekly!

Reviewed March 4, 2011

We had the opportunity to stay at Homewood Suites SLC, Downtown over the weekend of our daughter's wedding. The staff was very attentive to every need. From Ben in food service, Nancy at the front desk to Oscar and Elias at the desk as well we were well taken care of. We had 6 rooms and several people there and they were very accommodating. Being the mother of the bride I lost my purse and room key and they were there to help me keep it together. Thank you to a wonderful hotel and staff. Kudos to the Manager Monica for such a great team!

• Stayed: February 2011

We definitely remember your wedding party! You brought the paparazzi- and certainly for great reason! A most beautiful bride and handsome groom were a treat for our staff to be included!
Thank you for sharing your memorable time with us!

Reviewed February 25, 2011

Great hotel for families. We had a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchenette that more than served our needs. Service was impeccable, especially during the meals. The meals were better than expected, but not amazing (its hard to complain about a free meal though). Rooms could be a bit more modern. Parking was free. Internet was free.

The location is superb, in downtown SLC, across from Pioneer park (where they have a great Farmer's market every Saturday during the summer/fall months, two blocks from the free TRAX stop, a block from the Gateway Mall with tons of shopping and restaurants. Half a block to Caputto's Deli, and a great Thai take away curry house, when you've had enough of the hotel dinners.

There are two downsides in terms of the location to consider, neither of which we found to be much of a concern. There are train tracks fairly close to the hotel, and you can hear the train whistle during the night, (though I slept through it). The other is a homeless shelter that is about a block away from the hotel. If you are concerned about it, it is easy to walk the next block over.

2  Thank Nilslangerhans

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We loved having you as our guest! I realize it has been some time since you'd posted your comments, however, I could not let you go without recognizing the time you took to share your kind words. THANK YOU again! .

Reviewed January 14, 2011

My family and I were able to get an excellent room in this hotel during the holiday season for only $100 a night! The room was spacious and comfortable, and the Serta mattress was as soft as a giant marshmallow. I slept as well as I do at home, if not better. Breakfast and dinner were free, and the chefs prepared an amazing chocolate cake! It was nice to eat in the lobby with all of the other guests; it gave the place a friendly atmosphere. The service was prompt and very friendly. I was glad that the hotel didn't allow pets; my family has allergies. I was sad when we had to check out! I would DEFINITELY stay here again!

2  Thank Meg071
Melmak801, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2011

Awww! We are sad that you had to leave too! The biggest compliment our guests could give us are the words you've shared in your review. "slept as good as you do at home if not better"
We thank you for your business, and thank you even more for sharing your positive experience here with us! We hope you will return to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed January 1, 2011

I chose Homewood Suites because we enjoyed our stay there in California and needed a hotel to accomodate a family of 6 with 4 teeangers. I was pleased from the moment we arrived. It was snowing and we got there right a t check-in. Our room was not available so they immediately found us another room. The room and the lobby were clean and the service was exceptional. They were willing to get a few extras for the kids which was nice. It was quiet and had comfortable beds with plenty of blankets and pillows. The breakfast was really good and the breakfast person, Israel P., was able to stay on top of everyone's needs. Jackie and Oscar were also especially helpful at the front counter. We actually live in the Salt Lake Valley and wanted to take a "vacation" close to home. I would stay again and will look for Homewood Suites when I travel in the future.

2  Thank smoody67

What a fantastic staycation to end the year! It is so great to know that the Homewood in California impressed you enough to give us a try here in SLC. Thank you for recognizing the staff by name, that way we can give them each the pat on the back they deserve. Israel, Oscar and Jackie love their jobs, and enjoy serving our guests VIP style. Our entire team is grateful to you for taking the time to share your fantastic review, and would love to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 31, 2010

I spent close to 30 nights in this hotel. Staying at this hotel felt more like staying with family. They were always friendly as can be even at 5:00 am offering you a quick breakfast to (bagels, fruit, juice) go knowing that you have a long day and drive ahead of you. They have an awesome evening reception (Mon-Thur), and Ben is one of the greatest servers. He is very friendly and just makes you feel at home, he is very genuine and an awesome spokesman for this property. There is also a wonderful director of sales Mele, who will work with you and your group to accommodate you. She does an excellent job and I thank her so much for her support. I love this hotel, I spend a great portion of the year traveling (over 160 nights) and I know when I find a great place to stay, this is my choice anytime I stay in Salt Lake City!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Melmak801, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2011

After reading your review, I feel like my mission in life has been accomplished! Thank you so much for the great review! "Felt like I stayed with family" is an incredible compliment and absolutely our goal as a Homewood Suites brand. You have given our team a hefty bar to live up to day in and day out. We love that guests like you that travel so often and live out of your suitcases, still take the time to give us recognition. We will strive to continually live up to the incredible review you have so kindly provided. We all look forward to having you stay here at your home in SLC in the upcoming year!