“A good Thai restaurant, used to be better”

Sawadee Thai Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 1,413 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sawadee invites you to her beautiful, new restaurant in downtown Salt Lake City for authentic Thai cuisine.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a nicely located restaurant near the Avenues district. They have an extensive menu, limited wine list and good Thai beer. In the summer the outside seating is very nice, given some traffic noise from West Temple St. It used to be my favorite, the last couple of times the flavors are flat, the service is perfunctory, and something seems to be missing. Hopefully they can get back on track.

There are newer reviews for Sawadee Thai Restaurant

Reviewed July 5, 2013

sawadee thai restaurant is my favorite thai restaurant....whenever i come to slc it's one of the restaurants that i have to go to eat at. my favorite is the curry...it can be with chicken or just vegetables...i also love both of their soups. delicious! can't wait to eat there again!

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have tried to eat at this restaurant several times over the course of our time in Salt Lake City. We've done take out and also sit down service. The food is pretty decent but honestly the service is so horrible and literally every time we've eaten at the last 10 times is always an issue.. They just can't seem to follow a basic instruction of brown rice versus white rice. We officially give up on this location do not recommend it to anyone. Save yourself the aggravation in this messed up food and go to another place on ninth and ninth that is way better in service and price. This trip in particular made both my husband and I deathly ill.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Being there twice and I would say it is ok ...

Atmosphere : 3.5/5
Services : 4/5
Food : 3.5/5
Quality vs Price : 3.5/5

Overall, I would give it 3.5/5

Reviewed April 30, 2013

They have some slight variation from the typical. The drunken noodles, pad thai, and massaman curry are my favorite. The drunken noodles are where they really shine. The portions are large. The appetizers are also very good. We ate here regularly when we lived in SLC. If I ever travel here for work I make it a point to make a stop. The service is always attentive and polite. Had a few negative experiences with large groups of getting checks and orders mixed up but nothing major. The lunch special is a great value.