“just not worth it”

Sawadee Thai Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 1,412 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sawadee invites you to her beautiful, new restaurant in downtown Salt Lake City for authentic Thai cuisine.
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have tried to eat at this restaurant several times over the course of our time in Salt Lake City. We've done take out and also sit down service. The food is pretty decent but honestly the service is so horrible and literally every time we've eaten at the last 10 times is always an issue.. They just can't seem to follow a basic instruction of brown rice versus white rice. We officially give up on this location do not recommend it to anyone. Save yourself the aggravation in this messed up food and go to another place on ninth and ninth that is way better in service and price. This trip in particular made both my husband and I deathly ill.

There are newer reviews for Sawadee Thai Restaurant

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Being there twice and I would say it is ok ...

Atmosphere : 3.5/5
Services : 4/5
Food : 3.5/5
Quality vs Price : 3.5/5

Overall, I would give it 3.5/5

Reviewed April 30, 2013

They have some slight variation from the typical. The drunken noodles, pad thai, and massaman curry are my favorite. The drunken noodles are where they really shine. The portions are large. The appetizers are also very good. We ate here regularly when we lived in SLC. If I ever travel here for work I make it a point to make a stop. The service is always attentive and polite. Had a few negative experiences with large groups of getting checks and orders mixed up but nothing major. The lunch special is a great value.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Returning here after five years was a wise idea. We were here for lunch, which is just $8.25 and plenty of food. We ordered 2 lunch specials between 2 adults and an 11 year old and it was plenty (along with an app). The better part of the lunch menu is that they let you pick two entrees, so you can vary your tastes more. Had the steamed shrimp rolls as app, which were great. Found the food well flavored (so many Asian places merely heat-spice or just get flavors on the surface, not deep into the food). Service was fast, and this is a restaurant you're happy to have a sit down meal at.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

To start with the restaurant has a very nice atmosphere, we enjoy looking at the artwork form Thailand. The food is fresh and of good quality. My only complaint is that it is not spicy enough. We have been to Thailand so we have some idea. The Tom Yum Gai soup had no kick to it, but the mushrooms, shrimp were wonderful and plentiful. The Massaman was the same way. The lunch menu is a good value. The dinner menu dishes are good portion sizes.