“Best Library EVER!”

and up
Sunset Bike and Brothel Tour
Ranked #15 of 164 things to do in Salt Lake City
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Beautiful building, endless books, coffee, a ridiculous kids level, immaculately clean and quiet. What more could you ask for in a library?

1  Thank Wendy H

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I haven't been to a library for a decade or more, so I wasn't too excited about "checking out" the SLC Public Library with my wife. While I am not convinced that brick and mortar libraries have a place with future generations, the SLC version certainly broadened my thinking as to what libraries could become. The progressive building design which includes boutique businesses, free wifi and lots of cool places to hang out with a few friends or find solitude with a good book (digital or analog) really makes for a great experience. The "library" felt more like a great community center that happens to have a library. Go and enjoy.

1  Thank rjhhh
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I love having lunch date's at the top of the SLC library. Go on a beautiful day and enjoy the view!.

People afraid of heights-beware!

1  Thank Lizzyhuber
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I love this Library! I use it's resources regularly. They have a great variety of movies, documentaries, educational, TV series on DVD which I borrow every visit I make.

You can sign up to use the internet on their computers for one hour or you can use their wi-fi. The Children's Area has fun nooks to hang out in. The architecture of the building is spectacular. Their Book Sales are extraordinary --lots of variety!

On the main floor there are small shops to browse through and a cafe and deli in case you get hungry.

Only negative to this Library is the presence of unsavory people (i.e. swearing, smells, loitering). There is always a police presence there.

I do like that there is a Library Trax stop (the Red line) that leaves you right in front of it. And in the summer they have quite a few festivals and fairs going on which makes it a great community gatherer.

2  Thank EveSays
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've been here several times and it is a great resource to the community. It's a cool building design and there are lots of great events that take place there. It does attract the homeless population, but the city is working with the library to help get these people the resources they need, so hopefully it will be even nicer the next time I go!

1  Thank Rose-Marie W