“Beautiful and inspiring” 5 of 5 bubbles

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful and inspiring”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Attended the rehearsal on Thursday night and then decided to stay longer so we could hear the Sunday morning broadcast. The sound of the choir is out of this world. And to think that the 360 members are all volunteers - never paid for the 2-3 rehearsals each week. I heard them when they sang during their eastern tour and when they sang at the 2002 Winter Olympics. Don't miss hearing the choir. I bought several CDs at the new City Creek Mall across the street.

1 Thank KJS_Turtle

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
NY
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Well worth hearing of course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Plan carefully if you want to hear, but there are organ concerts most days. If you can hear in the Convention Center all the better.

1 Thank TravelSmith
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

The music was beautiful and wonderful atmosphere. I would recommend a visit. The people were so nice.

Nampa, Idaho
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“visit to tabernacle choir's practice session”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

it was great to see this great choir in such a relaxed state and joking and having fun with their director, and then to be able to listen to them sing in the way that only they can do. i reccomend seeing them in this casual state whenever you can. makes them very real and down to earth.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank sally7kids
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I wish I could give this review 10 stars. The MTC is exhilarating to hear in person. Our group was invited to SLC by Dr. Mack Wilberg and it was such an honor to be there. We attended the Freedoms Foundation Concert and it was excellent. We sat in the balcony and had a wonderful view. The patriotic music was beautiful and of course hearing the Grammy-winning MTC perform "Battle Hymn of the Republic" gave me chills. On Sunday we were guests of Dr. Wilberg for the broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word. He wrote a piece called "King of Glory, King of Peace" for the choral group I'm a member of. Upon arriving at the Tabernacle we were taken to our seats and warmly welcomed. Hearing our piece performed by the MTC was an experience I'll never forget. I had tears in my eyes and the biggest smile on my face. This group is second to none and I hope to return someday to hear them in person again.

Visited September 2012