“very busy”

FamilySearch Center
Ranked #24 of 162 things to do in Salt Lake City
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We visited this center as we were told they could do a family search. Everyone was very busy and the search on the computer did not work without their password. In the end we just left and continued to visit the temple square.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This place is awesome !!! Some many books so little time !! I just spent a week here with a group of other genealogist and it was wonderful !! The staff here were very friendly & helpful !! I found a lot of information on my family history. They even have a free website familysearch.org

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Both my wife and I left after having learned things about our ancestry that we'd never known before-- this was exciting and provocative-- I think we both plan to pursue more genealogical information when we have some time to work on it.

Personally, I was able to cut through some confusing details based on shifting European geopolitics in the 19th century and and learn where my grandparents had actually lived. I was also able to verify some immigration data and some census data that I
hadn't been able to determine previously.

The mentors who worked with us were knowledgeable and patient, and we very much appreciated their help.

This was a highlight experience for me!

1  Thank David M
Reviewed January 5, 2014

If you are visiting Salt Lake, the Family Search Centre is a great stop. It's located in a beautiful old hotel - so just looking at the architecture and history of the building is very enjoyable. The Library has an activity centre for kids with lots of interesting activites they can do. You can also get a free emailed souvenir photo of your family in front of a historic background. Though we weren't doing any family history research, it was a worthwhile and enjoyable stop for our family.

1  Thank Boltmom
Reviewed December 6, 2013

It is large first of all. The volunteers were knowledgable and very helpful. We spent a few hours and could have spent all day here. They have so many resources to help you find information about your family.