“Beautiful Cathedral” 5 of 5 bubbles

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful Cathedral”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stained glass windows were exquisite. Beautiful. I was impressed with the location, just a few blocks from Mormon Temple Square. I was told that when the Mormons were laying out the city in the 1800s, they gave the large parcel of land to the Catholics so the Catholics would have a place to build their cathedral. Pleased to learn there are more than 30 catholic churches in Salt Lake City alone. Interesting.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank KJS_Turtle

• Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
Salt Lake City
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Christmas Midnight Mass (four stars)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I try to make it there every year. It is really beautiful whether you are Catholic or not. Amazing paintings. Plenty of seating.

1 Thank steffim471
Cedar City, Utah, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful! Artwork fantastic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Absolutely beautiful woodwork and artwork. The signs of the cross are very interesting and stunning, more modernistic but fascinating to study.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Nancy P
Smithfield, Utah
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A Tribute to the Diversity of Salt Lake City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am not catholic, but the Cathedral of the Madeline is a beautiful place which I love to visit. I rivals anything I have seen in Europe. I receive a welcoming sense of 'Peace' when I enter. Thank you for welcoming me as a visitor.

1 Thank RoryJay
bountiful
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A little scary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went inside back in the 80's, at night, with a date, who didn't know how to stay close. Other than an organist, no one was within eyesight. I could tell that the structure was beautiful but I would recommend a visit when people are there.

1 Thank notpastthemidwestyet