“Good seafood in Salt Lake City”

Market Street Grill - Cottonwood
Ranked #245 of 1,422 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6580 South
Description: Located in the shadow of the Wasatch Mountains adjacent to Cottonwood Creek, the Grill is housed in a magnificent two-story Cape Cod structure. Expect to be wowed with great views, superlative service, and seafood as fresh as any coastal location.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have a project in Salt Lake City so have been heading to the city regularly and for the most part getting more and more depressed about the dining situation with all the look-alike chain restaurants that serve mediocre boring food. I went for dinner with a friend there and we went to the Market Street Grill in Cottonwood. I have to say my thoughts on dining in Salt Lake have changed. The restaurant is bright and airy with a great view of the mountains through large picture windows. The menu is fairly standard for a restaurant of this style which is seafood. The prices seemed a bit high for my taste but the quality of the food did make up for it.

The sourdough bread served when you sit down was very good with a nice sourdough taste to it and nice chewy texture. We had the crab, spinach and artichoke dip to start which was okay but nothing special. For my main, I had the cedar plank salmon which was excellent. I am fussy about my salmon and this was a good piece of fish with a nice flavor from the cedar that complemented the firm tasty texture of the wild Alaskan salmon. My friend had the Chilean Sea Bass which was enjoyed.

Overall a pleasant evening with good seafood in bright and fresh surroundings. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We both had to have fish because that is what they are know for and we were not disappointed. Delicious and enough food. I would agree with the hit or miss service as we watched some poorly trained staff just getting by. Our server, Riaana, was great, knowledgable and attentive. Enjoyed the atmosphere, food and our evening. Very busy place and we will be going back.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have wanted to eat here for quite some time & it is definitely on my return list.
Super fresh seafood with great flavor and dishes you do not see elsewhere.
Oysters were wonderful along with their sauces. The halibut was delicious!

1  Thank Michele B
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a lovely dinner tonight at Market Street Grill, which is one of our favorite spots for a special meal. This restaurant specializes in seafood, which is always fresh and well-prepared. We had crab and fresh wild Atlantic salmon. Delicious. The raspberry torte is to die for. Excellent service, excellent evening.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Wont be back anytime soon. Paid $22 dollars for a shrimp and crab
louis salad and there was hardly any crab and the shrimp were the
tiny bay shrimp. This salad used to be great there, but quality has
definitely gone down hill.